3 months post...still have pain - anyone else? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post...still have pain - anyone else? 3 months post...still have pain - anyone else?

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
3 months post...still have pain - anyone else?

I was 4 months post op before I really started feeling normal. On exercise, I was told 6 months before going back to my regular routine (2 1/2 hours a day at the gym 5-6 days a week). I tried just doing leg presses at home the other day, after only 8, I could feel it in my tummy. I'm taking it easier and will stick to the treadmill a little longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM

snajschro, you are so sweet to say such uplifting words. thank you for that. ~goosey
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:27 PM

About 4 weeks ago, I also felt pain in my lower abdomen and my scar started feeling really sensitive again. I went to my GP who wanted me to go and have this and that blood test and this and that bowel test. Next day the pain was worse, so I went back and demanded an ultrasound (oooh... doesn't that sound forceful?! It wasn't, I was my usual quiet, polite self lol). Turned out I had a large cyst that had developed since my surgery.

Anyway, the moral of this is that although I felt pain, it didn't FEEL right or as if it was part of my normal healing process. So pursue it with your doctor if you don't feel things are the way they should be. Looks like my cyst is going away on its own, thank goodness, so it's all good

I hope you are feeling better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:31 PM

whew helga! what a relief! a good example of how amazing the body can be.
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti
I was 4 months post op before I really started feeling normal. On exercise, I was told 6 months before going back to my regular routine (2 1/2 hours a day at the gym 5-6 days a week). I tried just doing leg presses at home the other day, after only 8, I could feel it in my tummy. I'm taking it easier and will stick to the treadmill a little longer.
Thank you for your reply and encouragment. I am a personal trainer so am having a hard time, esp with my doc...she just doesn't understand how physical my job is and didn't want to continue my disability! After many tears she finally came around. Just can't wait to work out and sweat again!
I'm trying to be patient but it's difficult when you are a very active person. I'm hoping to resume full time work in January...we'll see...
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Good luck and be careful ! Keep smiling!
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM

My stamina is down so low. On the days I push I pay. Today I am paying. With the holidays approaching we must be very careful and try to not overdue.

I am trying not to compare my recovery with anyone else ( which is so hard ). But the truth is we all heal at different rates. It is so nice to know that I am not alone. I kept thinking why am I still not feeling perfect? :-)

I cannot imagine doing sit ups. If I am on my feet for over a couple of hours my stomach aches.
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:57 AM

hello Happy4all ! Yes i was the same although lately i feel better. I had my hysterectomy on the 28th of August so we are around the same time. Just don't push it too much, you probably are improving a little each day but just can't see it. Make a journal of each day and what you did, then look back and read it, you will probably see changes. I won;t to sit ups yet either!! I have aches and pains as well, but nothing serious. Stay with it and you will feel better! Eat well and get sleep!
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM

Wow anomar, I noticed that we had our hyst's on the same day--Aug 8th. I don't have pain anymore (just an occasional twinge) but, last week, I went to a new internist for a physical. She cautioned me that, no matter how good I'm feeling, I should still think of myself as recovering. No heavy lifting etc for 6 months.

She is conferring with my gyne, I think, but they told me, outside of walking, I should not start an exercise program. The answer probably would've been different if I'd been exercising before my TAH but I wasn't. Now that I have energy now, I'd like to start, but can't.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM

2 months out and I still have pain...?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register