Bruising | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Bruising

Ok I would like to know if anyone else out there has any bruises. I had a LAVH on 10/23. When I came home I was a little bruised. As time went on I became really bruised. I am bruised all over my vagina and also my incision on the left side. I bruise easily when I hit something so to me this is normal. But I was just wondering if there is anyone else that has had this. Thanks and I hope everyone is recovering nicely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Bruising

Hi Jeffswife~

I had bruising also, I think it's normal as the satff at the hospital didn't make a big deal out of it. I had a TVH withbladder sling, so they shaved about an inch down and 2 across at my pubic hair line. That area was so black the first week with bruising that if you didn't know you would think it wasn't shaved, it was the same color as my hair. Eventually it turned blue and purple, then green, then brown. Now at 3 1/2 weeks it is finally gone. I felt like a !! I also had bruising on both arms, 1 from the IV, and 1 from a blood draw, which both lasted almost 3 weeks. Never bothered to check 'further down', don't think I could have bent like that right after surgery
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Bruising

Thanks JavaJane that is exactly what I have. It was so black that I looked like they didn't shave me at all. Now it is green purple and yellow. It is starting to fade slowly. Glad to know its not just my body with the pretty rainbow colors. Have a great day
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Bruising

I had a TAH/BSO and my stomach was very bruised. At 3 1/2 weeks mine is gone also. I think that is part of the process. The cut through a lot of muscles and who know what else. They never made a big deal about it in the hospital so I figured it must be normal.
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Bruising

Thats what I figured too. But I just wondered who else had the same thing as me. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just a me thing. Thanks so much for replying. This is such a great site...........have a great day

Pam
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Bruising

I too had bruising I notice a few days after my LAVH, my three little incision sites were very bruised I also noticed that I had tons of fingerprint bruises on my inner thighs. Must have been from the way I was positioned through surgery. I am an easy bruiser so i wasn't very suprised.
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Bruising

Aren't you all glad that we really don't know everything that went on with our bodies during surgery? We come out with bruises galore.... and some in the most random places!!

... I've heard explanations regarding retractors and stirups, etc. etc. and used to try to figure out all that must have gone on.....

The further I get beyond the surgery... the less I wonder about it..... and that's probably a good thing!! Some things we're just better off not knowing!!

Hope your bruises continue to fade and are replaced by complete healing and a rapid recovery.

Blessings to each of you today!!

Dinkum
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:26 AM
bruising

Bruising is normal, according to my doc. As others have mentioned, any incision may bruise. No telling what all happened "down there" during surgery to promote bruising.

I had a TAH BSO on 10/31/07. I went to see my doc on Wed 11/7/07 and saw my bruising for the first time. I left the hospital with a bandage with a water proof tape.

As others mentioned my bruising extends down into the hair region. After my bandage was removed, I became much more aware of my numbness. The numbness goes a couple of inches all the way around my incision, including the bruised area. I have some "funny" feelings up to my belly button area.

My skin feels funny. It seems like I'm adjusting to being bandage free. The bandage did provide some support, though I didn't realize it until it wasn't there.

thanks. lovetowalk
Unread 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Bruising

I had LAVH/BSO on 9/27. I also had alot of bruising, from my 3 incisions and down below looked BLUE! It took a few weeks but then went away. I think the bruising is just a part of it.
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Bruising

I was black and blue all over, from front to back. I wasn't totally surprised as I was very bruised after my first delivery as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register