On the other side now... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

On the other side now... On the other side now...

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
On the other side now...

I was released from the hospital late yesterday (8pm). I had a struggle because I have many allergies to drugs (both generic and name brand) as well as a very low tolerance pain level. I was in surgery for 3.5 hours, and in the recovery level waiting for a room for 3 hours. My gyn had to remove two huge fibroids before she could remove my uterus. After seeing into my body cavity, she could totally understand the bleeding I was having, and the tremendous pain. One fibroid was the size of a grapefruit, and the second one the size of a pineapple. They disfigured my uterus totally. My right ovary that was covered with cysts basically shut down working totally.

The night following my surgery, I had a cardiac problem related to an allergic reaction to some generic medicine. It landed me in the CCU for over a day.

My incision was closed with staples, and is verital. I am terribly bruised. I think the bruising hurts worse than anything else. I am up and walking around, and using the bathroom just fine.

Thank you all for your prayers, support, love, and very kind words. I never thought I would make it this far without anyone like you ladies by my side.

God bless you all,
Roseptl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
On the other side now...

Congratulations on your surgery being over. Now you can heal and only feel better. That is scary about the cardiac thing. Hope everything is fine now. I had staples too but now, at 5 weeks out, I barely have a tiny thin line of a scar, so it does get better. Rest up and take care of yourself. It is totally worth it.
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
On the other side now...

Welcome Home! Feel better and have fun being pampered!

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
On the other side now...

You rest and let your family wait on you hand and foot! You deserve it! Give it some time and I am sure you will feel better than you ever did before surgery. I feel it really takes about 3 weeks to feel better.
Hang in there, and seriously rest!!
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
On the other side now...

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Sorry you had such a rough time, may you have an uneventful and quick recovery.

Take Good Care,
Christine
Unread 11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
On the other side now...

Welcome Home! Be sure you get plenty of rest. I hope your recovery is uneventful.
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
On the other side now...

Welcome home to the other side you are a Princess now. Take it slowly and rest as much as you can.
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
On the other side now...

WOW. It's good to know there was a REASON for all the trouble you were having! As you heal, you will feel better than ever!

Just take it REALLY EASY, and I hope there are people to pamper you.

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
On the other side now...

Welcome home! Each day will get easier. Allow yourself to rest and be pampered. Sending hugs to you!
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
On the other side now...

Hi Roseptl,

Sounds like you've been through the ringer. I'm so glad they were able to clean it up for you and that you are doing as well as can be expected. Just take time and let yourself heal. I'm really happy it's all done for you and we can sit on this side of the fence together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register