Back to the Castle... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to the Castle... Back to the Castle...

Unread 11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Back to the Castle...

Hi All,,
I had it go to the ER last night with a fever of 102.9. MY bladder which has not been empying fully had 1200 cc's in it! Ouch. Of couse I now have a bad infection. I kept telling them before they discharged me that it felt funny like I wasn't going all the way, but they kept telling me the funny feeling was normal. So I had to get IV antibiotics and come home with the catheter. Of course now today I have to get back in the car and go see mydoc. Just what I wasnt another car ride!

Sad Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Back to the Castle...

I am so sorry this happened to you. One of these days the medical community will take seriously the fact that we know our bodies best and they need to listen more carefully!!

I hope the car ride is short. Rest and take care of yourself.
Unread 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Back to the Castle...

So sorry this happened to you!

I will say that my bladder felt the same way, and besides a persistent UTI, I haven't had any serious issues. I think that CAN be a normal feeling after the catheter comes out....I think it's hard to know when it's serious or not.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Keep your chin up!!

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Back to the Castle...

Sorry you had this happen to you! Hope everything works out for you. Let us know what happens at the dr.s appointment today... I agree w/ Mrs. Wille the medical community should take in consideration we have been living in our bodies for a long time and we know it pretty well. Take care and pamper the princess.
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Back to the Castle...

Sorry you are going through this. I had to keep my catheter in for a week so I understand your car ride worries. If you get the same care I did you will have to do a voiding test before they leave the catheter out. They filled my bladder up via the cath that was in and a bag of normal saline. Then took out the cath and I had to go in a container and it had to be how much they filled me up with before they would leave the cath out. This way they know you are voiding all the way. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Janelle
Unread 11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Back to the Castle...

So sorry starbgirl! I hope they get it taken care of... hang in there!!
Unread 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Back to the Castle...

Thanks ladies the hugs feel good. I saw the Dr today and the worst part was that he had to do an internal!! Ouch since I just had surgery on Tuesday! But he said I was still bleeding more than he liked to see. So he looked around but he couldn't find the source. So i have to keep the cath until Monday and go back to see him again. I'm getting used to it now and it doesn't feel too bad.

Thanks again,
Starbgirl
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Back to the Castle...

I am sooooo sorry that this happend to you.I can totally relate to the bladder not emptying fully.and the pain of a very full bladder(1000cc with first void via cath,worst pain i have ever had in my life!)I was sent home with a straight cath so I had to cath my self but it was so much better than folie.I had to have less than 100cc left after i went on my own for three times in a row.it has taken about a week and i am still very leery about making sure my bladder is empty.hang in there it will get better.Hugs,
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Back to the Castle...

Jenny - That is what I am worried about. If he takes this out on Monday how will I know this won'y happen again?? Yikes!! Janelle wrote about that voiding test. I'm going to ask for that.

Starbgirl
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Back to the Castle...

Starbgirl,if you can't go on your own ask if you can have a straight cath.It was so nice to be able to not have the "tube" in all the time.It was scary at first have to cath my self but it is really easy once you get the hang of it!good luck!also if you feel that you are not voiding completly if you have a straight cath you can check and see.I felt like i was having trouble getting empty so I cathed and had 300cc left in my bladder Yikes!so now i am back to cathing to make sure i am empting all the time.hope this ends soon.good luck,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register