Don't know if this is strange... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't know if this is strange... Don't know if this is strange...

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Don't know if this is strange...

I had a TVH (kept ovaries) on 10-25-07, I am not scheduled for my 6 week check up until week 7 and did not have a 2 week check up. Is this normal? I have a ton of questions to ask my dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM

I don't know if it is normal. I had a 2 week post op visit, but all he did was talk to me about the surgery and went over the path report. So I think you will be Ok waiting until 6 weeks. But if you have questions....call and ask.

GOOD LUCK
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM

i don't know about normal or abnormal. Your doc must feel confident that you won't have issues that would warrent a visit sooner. If you do, please call and schedule a visit w/your doc. My doc told me many times to call his office if I ever had a question. I've had 2 and he's returned my calls twice. Can your q's be answered here by any chance? I had a q that the office nurse was able to answer for me. Could this be the case for you as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 08:39 PM

Timing of post-op visits seems to vary from doc to doc. I thought I was weird because everyone who had surgery the same week as me seemed to have 2-week visits. I only had one visit and it wasn't until just shy of 6 weeks.

If you have questions, though, give them a call. The nurse may be able to help, too.

Best wishes!
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:43 PM

My TVH was 10/23 & my post op is 11/21.. think it depends on surgery, other issues that may be going on.. I'd call your Dr. if you need answers sooner or have any worriesome issues.
Unread 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM

I would say it is normal in some cases, i didnt have a 2 week apointment and didnt get seen till a few days after my 6 weeks were up. i guess depends on timing and slots open for apointment and how you are healing, but if you feel the need to see your dr dont hesitate and call him
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-10-2007, 04:22 AM

I had my surgery on 9/11/07 and I didn't go back to see my doc until 6 weeks. I had some questions before then and his nurse was so helpful to call me back with answers. Good advice to call the doc if you are worried about anything. Good luck with your healing. Take care of yourself.

hugs to ya!
debbie
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Morning Fears
I think it depends on the Dr. I had a LSH on 10-24 I had to go to her office on the 26th to have a cathetar removed then back for a one week PO visit She went over everything told me the do's and do nots sent me home with a checkpoint list similar to what the sisters have here on recovery and told me I was good to go but call if I had questions or concerns, I thought I'd have to go back in 6 weeks but I dont and I thought that was strange.So If you have questions call him. Hope your feeling well
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:19 AM

I haven't been back for a follow-up visit yet. I had a TAH on October 1 and my first post-op with the doc is on the 19th.

I've called the office a few times with questions but the six or seven week follow-up is SOP for my doctor. It was on the discharge instructions I got at the hospital.
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:21 AM

I had a hysterectomy on the 10th of October and my (one and only check-up) 6-week check-up isn't until the 21st of November...but I have called them quite a few times (no such thing as a stupid question...gotta remember that) and have even gone in on three separate occasions, one of which time I was fortunate enough to see the doctor.

I would always say if you have questions to ask them...or even things to SHOW them...call them up and let them know. They are there for YOU after all - you pay them and this is part of the follow-up recovery process. You just can't sit at home getting more and more stressed out if you feel you HAVE to wait until that 6-week point - that isn't good for your healing and certainly not good for you overall. I say any questions you have that you are concerned enough about to ask here...you should be concerned enough to pick up that phone to ask your nurse or doctor.

I know I've felt a LOT better after reading thru some posts, realizing it is "normal" or "happens to everyone"...but on a few I did want to take it one step further and double-check with my own gyno team. And they have been more that fabulous about it all and have put me at ease about my feeling that "I'm annoying them"...which, of course, sets my mind even more at ease.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register