feeling guilty about not doing enough? 3 1/2 wks out :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling guilty about not doing enough? 3 1/2 wks out :( feeling guilty about not doing enough? 3 1/2 wks out :(

Unread 11-11-2007, 09:42 AM
feeling guilty about not doing enough? 3 1/2 wks out :(

I am almost where you are TAH-BSO on 10/19..I'm able to get out and walk a bit. Shop just a bit. DH does everything around the house. Once I sit, I'm out, asleep. As for the shopping- I go down a few aisles until I"m too tired, then just go sit on the benches and wait for DH.
One thing I do want to comment on- we've been through major surgery, and our bodies do need to rest and repair. On that note- it's important that we eat things that are helpful and nutritious. Now, mind you, I like chocolate and chips as much as the next person, but it's not going to help our bodies to rebuild. So- I know when I don't eat properly, it just makes me more lethargic, and craving even more junk food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 12:08 PM

I had my tah in September & I am DEFINITELY not myself yet. I tire VERY easily & have done little around the house---- and when I have done household chores I usually pay for it with pulling or soreness in the evening.

On the positive side, I have worked my way up to walking (slowly) 30 continuous minutes AND I am back at the gym Don't be TOO impressed: my gyn gave me the ok to "ease back into the gym, start with 5 minutes on the stationary bike" & 5 minutes is all I done. Keep in mind, I am a personal trainer & ran 3-4 miles several times a week prior to sugery!

Btw, my dh is quick to point out when I am moving more slowly & he has been EXTREMELY supportive. Guess what-- I don't feel a bit guilty or badly! I am where I am--- I have also had 2 prior abdominal surgeries & I bounced back quicker (than again, I was younger. teehee).

Take it easy.....
Unread 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM

I'm five weeks post op and starting to get itchy feet. I want to be up and doing things, but everything makes me tired. Each week I've said next week I will do more, but I'm still spending most of my time being a couch potato! Thank heavens for my DH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Thanks you all so much, I can't tell you how much better this nformation makes me feel. I have been so down the past few days (completely unlike me) and this has really helped.
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Don't feel bad.

Hey ladies,
Don't feel bad about not feeling up to doing things this early out from surgery. I am 6 months out and still don't always have the energy I did before surgery. I still have cramping, tenderness and the good'ol swelly belly. I do what I can and everyone around me is very supportive. Hang in there and remember you need to take your time you/we had major surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register