1 in a thousand | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 in a thousand 1 in a thousand

Unread 11-11-2007, 02:06 AM
1 in a thousand

hey every1,
had my hysterectomy on the 19th of oct. I developed a hematoma on the 20th and everything went sideways. they had to rush me to the royal womans hospital at 2am sunday morning, almost lost me. all good now though . any1 else had any complications or are having a rough recovery.
love to hear from you .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:33 AM
1 in a thousand

Hi (((Tashuunka)))
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm glad to hear you got through your emergency and are doing better now. I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly. Let us know if we can help with anything.
's, Rita
Unread 11-11-2007, 02:01 PM
1 in a thousand

Glad you are home and hope you are feeling better soon! As you read through the postings, you'll find lots of sisters who have had kinks in their recovery. Mine has been pretty uneventful fortunately. Just find I'm a lot more tired than I though I would be.

Take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
1 in a thousand

Hi Tashuunka ~I hve had complications too. Not dire like yours but enough to frustrate me and make me sad. I had my surgery last Tuesday. I got home late Wednesday was back in the hospital Thursday after retaining 1200cc's of urine, have a raging bladder infection released home with a catheter until supposedly Monday. Today my catheter stopped working, got it working again and lo and behold my fever is back with a vengence, which I don't understand because I'm still on antibiotics. I go back to the Dr again tomorrow morning. I'm so frustrated today I just cried! I just want to feel better and have everything working again. It's been hard to feel like I'm recovering again with all this added junk.

Ok - enough whining for now. I'm glad your on the mend. Soon enough I shall be too!

But for now - I'm still signing,

Sad Starbgirl
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
1 in a thousand

Darlin, i know how you feel ! the other night i had such bad wind pain that i just couldnt sleep, then at about 1am i started to throw up, now there is a new experience in pain.

my imagination started to run away with me thinking something really bad was wrong. all it was , was dinner just didnt agree with me and i had really bad intergestion.
lol. cried and cried because i thought "i just dont want to do this any more'.
now im dealing with hemorroids but i can laugh, (when im not on the loo) there is light at the end of the tunnel.dr says my hemoglobin is in double figures (from low 6's to 10.3 in less than 2 weeks.)not bad goin, so i must be doin something right. The old man up stairs is really lookin after me. so hang in there girl, its a long slow road, but you will get there.
best of luck.
shaz
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM
1 in a thousand

Glad to hear you're okay now

I was also one in a thousand. I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism a week after my TAH and went back the castle for a couple of days. It was a shock, but once pumped full of the relevant drugs, I knew I was on the REAL road to recovery.

Nearly 4 months later and I'm feeling great. So perhaps the enforced extra hospital stay helped me recover better - no temptation to do things I shouldn't!
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:36 PM
1 in a thousand

hi rita, how wonderfull hystersisters are, if i wasnt so dam tired all the time
i would be on here for hours. thanks for your well wishes.
shaz (tashuunka)
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
1 in a thousand

wow scary stuff, i'm not sure what an embolism is but pulmonay is the heart right??
i know what you mean about being tempted to do things you shouldn't.
no one cleans the house as good as you ha ha. now i sound really lame.
housework bllluuuccckkk.
hope you are all good now
off for my nanna nap
shaz (tashuunka)
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:57 PM
1 in a thousand

An embolism is a blood clot, and pulmonary refers to the lungs. So a pulmonary embolism is a blood clot in the lungs. If left untreated is usually fatal. So thankfully they found helga ts and she was treated and is doing well.
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:01 AM
1 in a thousand

Hi there. I know what you are going through. I had a hysterectomy back in August...went back in the hopsital 5 days later for another 6 days with a football sized hematoma. I felt terrible. I was running 102-103 temps on Tylenol and ibuprofen and knew something was wrong...I finally told hubby to take me to the ER because I could barely walk up the stairs from pain and weakness. The only positive thing from it all was that I wasn't going crazy and something actually was wrong. I was being followed by my doctor weekly for a monthy, then every 2 weeks...then monthly....

Just went to the doctor last week and he did another ultrasound to monitor the hematoma (it is reabsorbing...I wish they would just take it out...). Well, the hematoma is going down which is good, but I notice on the monitor something else...then see the look on the doctors face along with the nurse. I roll my eyes and ask what now! I asked if there was something else because of all the new pain I had been experiencing. He said it appears as if my right ovary was growing back with cysts on it...UGH!! I will most likely need to have surgery again, but he wants to wait and see how it all looks next month. I have endometriosis and also a family history of ovarian cancer...so I do not want this ovary that has remerged!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register