Anyone else in a bad mood? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else in a bad mood? Anyone else in a bad mood?

Unread 11-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Anyone else in a bad mood?

Hi all. This is day 6 post op for me. Each day had gotten better with the pain and weakness but now I'm dealing with a stinky mood. I'm very irritable and seem to have a permanent frown on my face. I so hate feeling this way and I'm worried it has something to do with my hormones. I had a TVH, overies gone and my docotr started me on 1.25 MG of Cenestin. My main worry through this whole thing has been the change in hormones I antisipate going through. I want to feel good, like myself. Anyone else deal with this, is this normal and how long should I expect this? Im also worrying about the lack of excercise and weight gain. I lost 80 lbs prior to surgery and am only 15 pounds away from my goal. The day after surgery I stepped on the scale and found I was up 10 lbs. After a freak out period, I decided that it must be fluid from the IV and/or swelling and gas. So far about 3 of those lbs have come off, but I thought it would be more by now. I would love to hear if anyone else went through something similar. Also, my doctor told me in about three weeks after surgery I can start to run again, is that comparable to what your doctors haven told you? I appreciate your ouput and I am so very glad that I found this support group, I am on reading it all the time!
Thank you so much, Mindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM

I have had days where I just want to cry all day,I have had days where I just tell everybody that I am in a really bad mood and to just leave me alone.I think it is hormones and I wish it would stop also.my doc says it is all normal.My doc also said not to even think about the gym or track for 8-10weeks.she said that my internal stiches need time to disolve and new tissue is not as strong as normal for a while.I have no desire to run right now any way.sending gentle hugs,
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM

I think you could be upset about the number on the scale. I do weight watchers and that's my reaction any time I gain weight. Give your body time to get rid of the fluids,etc that accumulate due to surgery. Eat healthy and avoid the processed foods for a few days and the scale will go back down in due time.

My doctor told me I could resume my water aerobics after a month. I would start slow and not rush into running too soon. Just remember that with a vaginal hyst there are still stitches that need to heal. We just can't see them.

Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 10:10 AM

I never thought about water exersice!I will have to ask my doc about that!
Unread 11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
grumpy too

I didn't think about hormones, though I guess that could be happening. They left my ovaries but I've read they sometimes quit working after surgery.

I think I'm just sick of not being able to get out when I want to. I can go for a walk in my neighborhood, which is great, but if I want to do anything else, I need a ride. I hate to ask for a ride just to go walk around the mall. But maybe I should...
Unread 11-11-2007, 11:54 AM

I suspect that my hormones are under control because my dr put me on an estrogen patch when he took out my ovaries. The hot flashes and mood swings that I was struggling with prior to surgery are gone. yahoo. My only issue right now is my dang bladder leakage. It makes going for walks or shopping annoying. I feel tied to the house for fear of going through the pad again like I did yesterday. I got thicker pads today at the store but the nagging thought is still there.
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:33 PM

I had the same weight freak out. I weighed myself when I got back from the hospital and was absolutely astounded when the scale said I weighed 10 pounds more than when I went in for surgery. So far, I've lost about 5 of those pounds. I keep hoping it's going to go back down (although I'm sure my doctor would rather I stayed this weight). It does kind of bum you out a little to see the numbers on the scale go up.
Unread 11-11-2007, 09:07 PM

My Dr told me no running for six weeks. I was dissappointed because another lady I know was running at 3 weeks so I don't know what the answer is. I admit to being an addict but as I always say better running and candy (my other addiction -lol) than drugs and alcohol!!

Oh well I don't want to injure myself and I haven't had the text book recovery so I suppose I'll wait!!

Good luck with you decision!

Starbgirl
Unread 11-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegurl55
I think you could be upset about the number on the scale. I do weight watchers and that's my reaction any time I gain weight. Give your body time to get rid of the fluids,etc that accumulate due to surgery. Eat healthy and avoid the processed foods for a few days and the scale will go back down in due time.
You know, I think this might be the deal that happened with me...when I came out of the hospital I asked my husband (who has moved out of the house for a year now altho we aren't divorced) if he could help out with the kids and cook dinner, etc., as I really couldn't do it by myself. So, other than the extreme stress he caused me each day, which I figure he did on purpose so I would ask him to leave (he ended up getting super mad at my son and left, blaming my son, so he didn't have to do anything anymore)...all he did was get "nukey meals" and pizza...and I think coupled with the stress from the operation, the stress from arguing, and the processed food - it made me really upset as well.

I think a lot of it was the food - seems if I fix a good dinner I feel a lot better than if I just heat up something in the microwave for a couple days. I don't know if you are doing this at all - but if you are, maybe that's the cause of you being out of sorts?
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:33 AM

I had my abdominal hysterectomy 3 months ago, and my advice would be to rest, eat good food, and chill out. Whether we like it or not, time resting is what our bodies need. If you rush back to your previous routines too soon, you may hurt yourself and have to spend more time in bed. It takes along time to heal internally, and if that is done properly, we can run, jump and do whatever we want, for as long as we want. Weight will go up and down, no worries, it will all work out if we care for ourselves first. Hang in there !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register