Feeling of urgency | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling of urgency Feeling of urgency

Unread 11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Feeling of urgency

Ladies...

I'm almost 4 weeks post op (TAH/BSO) and since going off of vicodin (about 10 days ago) I cannot get rid of a feeling that I can best describe as "urgency". It's the same feeling I've gotten before with UTIs only I have no fever, urine appears fine, no pain when urinating.

I think I could go without any type of pain meds at all if this weren't an issue. (Now taking ultram & naproxsen- but they are very ineffective with this problem.)

I've noticed that the urgency gets worse the longer I am up. Seems to diminish overnight, then returns the next day around early afternoon and continues getting more and more prevalant throughout the day and into the evening.

Could it be related to the swelly-belly / pressure issues?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Ladies! As always, it's great to hear from you!

Dinkum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Feeling of urgency

i had an lsh and i have had that feeling very often since. sometimes i swear i have a uti and i dont. i dont know what it is but its definitely ever since the surgery. i've also had lots of symptoms of yeast or bacterial infections. i have an appt with my surgeon on fri because of an abnormal pap and i'll see if he sees anything. its very frustrating. i'm thinking its bladder spasms.
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Feeling of urgency

Still have occasional feelings of urgency. I had so many adhesions on my bladder from 2 previous c-sections that the Dr. said my bladder is just spasming and not infected (did urine test to be sure). She said it can take awhile (what does that mean) before it goes back to normal and if it doesn't I should see a urologist (hopefully not). I even have urgency with bm's and never had that before. Back to work in one week. Will probably fall asleep at my desk. Need to start going to bed early as I get up around 5 am for work and have been sleeping until 8 or 9 now. feel better. toocool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Feeling of urgency

Hi Dinkum
I have had urgency problems on and off following my surgery as well. It has gotten better with time, but my dr gave me a prescription to help control it. I think you should call and talk to your dr about this and make sure something else isn't going on that's causing it, but if it's not offered, I would ask for some medicine to help this. You shouldn't have to just live with this. Let us know if you find out what is causing it for you.
's, Rita
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Feeling of urgency

Thanks Ladies!!

Once again.... it's morning.... and it's gone.... I'm typing this at noon and (thankfully) have not felt that feeling of "urgency" yet.

I did take some Pyridine (sp) last night which has provided great relief and will call my DR if this continues to be a problem.

toocool.... I need to go to the office and work some this afternoon. Have been out all morning and now home to take a quick nap. May pay for this tomorrow.... but that's okay... tomorrow will be a better day for me to "sleep it off".
Hope all goes well with you next week.... even with the time change, 5 am still seems awful early!

My best to all of you....

Dinkum
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Feeling of urgency

I know it sounds crazy but I have them about twice a day. And not every day. Sometimes I too "feel" like I have an UTI, but a few hours later, the feeling is gone. It comes and goes way too often for it to be anything permanent, but it's really, really weird.
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Feeling of urgency

Dinkum,
Sorry to hear about your bladder problems. I hope they will clear up soon!
My TAH was done because my uterus had fused onto my bladder, causing me to feel like I ha to go all the time. I was on sleep meds just to be able to sleep thru that feeling! At almost 6 wks post I'm in the same state, but the feeling is stronger!!!
Hope it's just temporary!!
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Feeling of urgency

EllieGA.... Thanks for the reassurance! Sorry that you deal with it too. Hopefully it will resolve itself as a part of our healing and we'll move on to better days without it!

tw47..... What a disappointment! Like you, I hope that it's just a temporary thing and will go away completely with a little more time.

I plan to call my dr today and let them know what's going on.... also to find out if the Pyridine is okay- since I've taken two of them in the past few days.... they're working.... just want to be sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't.

Have a great day, Ladies!

Dinkum
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
still having "issues"

Just an update and a check-in to see how the rest of you are doing with your bladder issues.

Went to the Dr yesterday... did a urine test which showed nothing really - just a trace of something abnormal. Dr is having a culture done "just in case".

Have any of you had this "UTI" pain and had normal test results? Can a culture test come back abnormal if the initial office test was okay?

Hope the rest of you are coping well and that your "issues" are becoming fewer and fewer.

Thanks for your help with my "mystery".

Dinkum
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Feeling of urgency

Dinkum,

It's so wierd that you say that it gets worse at night, later in the day.......I have the same problem. I did have a pretty nasty UTI about 1 week post op, that took 2 rounds of antibiotics (and uristat for the pain) to get rid of, but this feeling is a little different, no burning........my doc said it's normal, bladder has been through a lot of trauma and it could take awhile to get back to normal.....as a precaution, I've been drinking tons of water and cranberry juice.

Let us know what your doctor says.

Take Care,
Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register