Feeling of urgency - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling of urgency Feeling of urgency

Unread 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Feeling of urgency

Dinkum,
Had my doc appt. this morning (dh drove-it's over 50 miles), and my urine was fine, so I asked him about the feeling of having to go all the time. He said there is a section between the uterus and bladder that has to be sort of peeled apart, and the bladder is irritated and somewhat inflamed for several weeks afterwards, causing the urgency/irritation problem. He said in three more weeks it should be gone. Paininthe said her doc said something like that too.
He said he put something in my abdomen during surgery to discourage the growth of adhesions, which was great! He gave me some vit C, E and calcium to aid in healing faster. (It seems I am a slow healer).
Said everything looks great. No pelvic exam done, because he wants me back in 3 wks to check again on healing.
For pain he said don't take tylenol because it isn't anti-inflam(Guess that's why it wasn't working for me!). He said take advil or alieve. He has been my doc for a long time and I trust him totally.
Hope you're feeling better.

TAH 10-9-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Feeling of urgency

dinkum, saw my Dr. 2 days ago for post op 5 wk checkup. She said spasming could still be happening. Also, I did urine culture and it came back negative. sometimes feels better, sometimes not. I have been drinking "lite" Cranberry juice. Dr. said if not better in a few months that she would give me the name of a GYN urologist. Previous UTI have been painful and this is not. Just a feeling of urgency and frequency. toocool TAH 10/8/07
Unread 02-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Feeling of urgency

do you all feel like you need to wee all the time like a feeling of fullness in the bladder and if you dont go you will wet yourself thats the best way i can describe it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Feeling of urgency

I have some ongoing issues as well, that I think are down to trauma and being catheterised also, those being a dull ache down there when I wee, and just the feeling that everything is not quite right ie. has not returned to it's pre surgery state.
I have had cultures done that show pus in my urine, even three months and a course of trimethoprim later -still pus there, but I am not unwell and have no other real infection symptoms. Have my GP baffled.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register