DH Losing Patience - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH Losing Patience DH Losing Patience

Unread 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
DH Losing Patience

1catlady: Quote from your post "Who did he think did all these things? Elves???"

OMG! I about fell out of my chair laughing. That was priceless!

My DH has been very good about everything, he is the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 04:25 PM
DH Losing Patience

Hey Ledge:

I have been told I am a funny person, I guess it comes from teaching or maybe watching too much Comedy Central.

My DH was very good too. In fact, he took vacation days (rare for him) to be able to wait on me hand and foot for the first 1 1/2 weeks I was home. He even cooked (gasp) and kept the kids busy. Then he went back to work.

The past few days is what I was referring to. It's pretty subtle or maybe it's just hormones, I don't know. I have decided to spend more time in my room and just relax. They see me downstairs and think I'm okay to do everything again. I think not!!
Unread 11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
DH Losing Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzi
Vent away! I FINALLY got my DH to go to the grocery store, he came home with his 3 favorite food groups - Cheetoes's group, Beef Jerky group, and Red Bull Group!

<--- me

: This is so funny because when I first came back from the i sent DH to the supermarket with a very short list of things to buy for me (he forgot when I was at the castle I would need food when I came home). One of the things I asked him to buy was lite yogurt, I said to call me with the flavors that were available, well after calling me three times and disappearing for 3 hours he came home with 10 yogurts half wrong flavors and a bunch of stuff for him to snack on.
He said he was totally exhausted from his trip to market. Needless to say I wouldn't let him do it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 06:28 PM
DH Losing Patience

I am with all of you. I am over a week out now and things are getting a little funny at the home front. DH is back to work from vacation and things are getting back to the usual hectic schedule. Except I am out of commision. My DH is complaining of being tired and his back hurts. Running out of clean clothes and I feel so quilty to ask him to do anything. I feel bad sitting in bed and telling him, "don't forget dance class today, and DD needs milk" He just looks at me and says,"okay." But, he looks so tired and worn out. I want to just get up and help him, but I try and then I am in more pain the next day. (Plus he gets mad when I try to do housework) The funny thing is, it takes him 3 hours to do something that would take us 1 hour. HA!!!! Grocery shopping is the funniest, DH calls for details on every item. By the time he comes back home, I'm tired from being on the phone the whole time with him!!! But, we ALL have to take it easy if we want to get better and be the super wife again. :}
Unread 11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
DH Losing Patience

We oughta write a book on this subject! I'm 4 weeks post-op today (TAH/BSO), and everyone here thinks I should be feeling just fine and dandy! Well, I'm sore as heck and feel major burning and pressure in my pubic area from doing too much and being on my feet all the time. I started bleeding lightly again this weekend. I am on the go from the time my kid gets home from school until after dinner is cleaned up!

I'm doing just about everything in the house (not vacuuming), but ALL the laundry, most dishes, lightly cleaning bathrooms, etc., because DH has definitely lost his patience and I can tell he's had enough! Luckily, he still grocery shops 'cause he realizes that is something I actually cannot do.

I'm hating every second of this and just want to feel better....and I'm bored beyond belief, too!
Unread 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
DH Losing Patience

My husband has been fantastic, even with the emotional stuff! Fortunately grocery shopping is not an issue as I have always hated the task and he has done it for the past 16 years! They are more than capable; some just need a little more training than others! And let's face it there are plenty of things that they do so much better than us girls; it would take years and years of intensive training for me to be able to watch 5 hours of continuous sport!
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
probably doing too much

Hey MarMarz - It sounds like you might be doing a bit too much - I too had my surgery on Oct 29th, and the only laundry I do is if I get someone to carry a load down to the washer for me, then I sit on the floor (a front loader) and put it in and start the wash. I don't bend to pick things up or carry anything. I walk slowly and rest a lot. I get up many times per day, and I will cook little things that don't take much time to cook. I pretty much have help with everything besides showering and using the bathroom Hubby and kids have been really great - not letting me do stuff, even when I want to. I drove my kids to school for the first time this morning - it went okay - a little uncomfortable. I went to the store once, stayed too long and ended up hurting some afterwards, but it was nice to get out. I went out to eat yesterday, which was really nice. I still get tired from doing the smallest of things, which is frustrating, and I'm really bored too. I'm tired of TV, and I have a post surgery list of things to do, but I haven't really wanted to do them yet. I don't really have my motivation back yet. I have found that my concentration is off - I don't want to read, and I can't seem to concentrate on long movies, just short sitcoms.

It's getting frustrating trying to recover!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register