Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I had LAVH yesterday at 7:30 a.m. Woke up in my room. Was pretty out of it from morphine given in recovery. In room started diluadid in PCA pump. Scared me and nurses for awhile because my blood pressure was really low. Was in bed until 2 a.m. got peri-bath felt so good. My liquid diet tasted terrible everything was too salty or too sweet. Got shower this morning, cath out, oral pain meds and started walking. Got to come home today. I was really surprised my dr. was able to do LAVH I thought I would wake up with TAH due to previous 2 c-sections. This pain is not much compared to c-sections. Gas is my main problem. I did a bowel prep at 9 p.m. the night before surgery nothing happened until 4:30 am I had to be at the hospital at 5:30. Talk about being worried!!!!! Now wondering if I can use heating pad on stomach. Any advice or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:28 PM

I have my laptop and this hospital has free wireless. Cool, Huy? Well I will go into greater detail latter. The pain meds I get give me double vision.
No pump for meds, shot in IV ever 3 hours.
I was nauseated off and on after surgery till about 4. Everything tastes bad.
Operation was 4 hours. My doc said he really didn't think it would take him so long.
Had a spinal before surgery was over and it is still in effect so my bottom isn't hurting yet.
Still have catheter.
I got a special type of local pain med for my abdominal incision. A grenade type thing is attached to my gown and then there tubes leading to both corners of incision and it keeps the incision wet with the numbing med.
Haven't seen incision so don't know much about that yet.
But I can tell you that my bottom is really swollen and I bet it is going to hurt tomorrow.
No solid foods till a poop. ??
And won't go home tomorrow, may get to leave Saturday. \\

Trevuba
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM

aww I'm so glad you checked in!! Cool

I'm glad you feel well enough to get on the laptop! Hope everything goes well for you and you have a restful night. Well, as restful as can be in the hospital LOL

((((gentle hugs))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM

Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Please take it easy! Its amazing that you were able to get online and post! there was no way I could have
done that! I had way too much brain fog! For a couple of weeks, let alone the night of my surgery!
Best wishes to you!
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:36 AM

I had my TAH on the 13th for severe endometriosis, my Dr. took my cervix, uteris, and ovaries. He threatened to take my appendix, but didn't need to. Tuesday I was pretty much out of it until that evening, a lot of pain he cath was removed the next morning and my furst treck to the bathroom was interesting. I had my children vaginally so this was much more painful in comparison. The next day, I had a lot of nasea with vomitting from the pain meds, so I just gave up the pain meds, because puking really hurt. I was able to come home yesterday and there is no substitute for rest in your own bed. I feel better each day, but I still walk like a frog, when my bladder gets a little full it causes pain so I am in the bathroom a lot. My husband pretty much takes care of anything and everything I need which is GREAT!! I have friends bringing dinner for us for the next 5 days. The hot flashes are... fun to say the least, and I will be glad when I get my hormones filled (I have a patch on now, but Dr. said it may not be enough). I will post more in a few days. Hope everyone else is well.... Glad to have a "recovery" team that understands what I am going through..
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_lover64
I have my laptop and this hospital has free wireless. Cool, Huy? Well I will go into greater detail latter. The pain meds I get give me double vision.
No pump for meds, shot in IV ever 3 hours.
I was nauseated off and on after surgery till about 4. Everything tastes bad.
Operation was 4 hours. My doc said he really didn't think it would take him so long.
Had a spinal before surgery was over and it is still in effect so my bottom isn't hurting yet.
Still have catheter.
I got a special type of local pain med for my abdominal incision. A grenade type thing is attached to my gown and then there tubes leading to both corners of incision and it keeps the incision wet with the numbing med.
Haven't seen incision so don't know much about that yet.
But I can tell you that my bottom is really swollen and I bet it is going to hurt tomorrow.
No solid foods till a poop. ??
And won't go home tomorrow, may get to leave Saturday. \\

Trevuba
I had that grenade too, they called it a chili pepper(Ill never eat one again!) Mine filled with blood from the incision and they would squeeze it into the "tail". Felt weird when they pulled out, not painful. If your butt still hurts ask for an egg crate and a hot pack, really helped me. If you get an egg crate, make sure you take it home. Good luck, hope you come home soon!
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:06 AM

Hi ladies. My surgery was on Monday, the 12th. Surgery was about 3 1/2 hours long. They were able to do it all lap. I did have a cyst on one ovary that they took. Waiting on the path reports now. I was in a lot of pain Monday evening. And the nausea was horrible! I got up to walk early Tuesday morning and that's when the cath came out. I showered before going home.

Still sore and in some pain. And still have some nausea so I'm taking my anti-nausea meds.
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I am still feeling a bit "out of it"

I had my tvh on tuesday, i have not taken narcotics since thursday morning. how long does it take to clear out of your system until you feel "normal" in the head?
Unread 11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Had TAH/BSO 11/12 - Home on 11/15

I had my TAH/BSO on 11/12. I was terribly sick from the moment I woke up in my hospital room. I had a horrible reaction to the pain meds and I heaved for 12 hours. I don't know what was worse the nausia or the pain of heaving. Once the meds were out of my system, the nausia went away, but the pain was intense. The doc offered different pain meds, but I refused them. Once the cath was out and I was able to walk, some of the pain subsided. I think the most horrible of the pain was due to gas. I am home now and I only having to deal with the surgical pain. It is pretty bad, but Advil (6 every 6 hrs) seems to keep the edge off. At least I'm not throwing up any more. I'll up date tomorrow when I feel better.

During this whole ordeal, I have kept in mind all the support and adivse. It has been a bright light at the end of this tunnel. Thank You!

Kelly
Forever Rely On God
Unread 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM

I had my hysterectomy, tubes, ovaries, and gall bladder removed Monday November 12 at 7:30 am. My pre-op was very quick and before I knew it I woke up in recovery. I was not in much pain and I didnt even have a dry hoarse voice. I got settled in my room and looked at the clock it was noon.

The doctors said I would be in alot of pain because they had a lot of work they had to do. One ovary was enlarged and had a cyst filled with brown fluid which is an accumulation of old blood. This ovary was very close to my bowels so the gallbladder surgeon was called back in to assist. My gyn says he really does not suspect any cancer and would be very surprised if it is. He did expect me to be in horrible pain but I surprised him and was not!

I felt great and was walking by 5pm the day of my surgery. I was hungry but all I could get was broth, jello and a popsicle. I couldnt sleep much but finally fell asleep about 1am.

My catheter came out early Tuesday morning and I was able to void on my own soon after. I walked some more and when the dr came in I begged for real food. I had a good day. The doctors and nurses were surprised I was so mobile.

I was home by noon on Wednesday. I am doing real good but my friends have been here alot or calling on the telephone. I love them dearly and really appreciate it but I am starting to lag from not sleeping enough. DH will be home tomorrow and will keep phone calls and visitors to a minimum.

I will get my staples out Monday.

All in all it was not as bad as I expected. I hope all my sisters are doing well also. This site and all my new friends were a blessing. I know I did as well as I have because of all of you and your encouragement.

Bonnie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register