Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Lottie M,

I still have pain from time to time and this is week 4 for me as well. I notice it when I have "over done it". Like yesterday I went shopping for about 2 hours and pushed the shopping cart...pain. It is like my body reminding me that even though the outside is healed the inside will still take some time.

Hope you feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:20 AM

Hi Fanoffox2 and all others

It's good to know I'm not the only one still feeling tired & sore!
My husband has returned to work after having been home to look after the kids and helping out for a couple of weeks. I haven't been back to work myself yet, as I just haven't felt up to it. I normally work 3 days a week and we have 2 young daughters aged 8 & 9 and that's a hand full as it is, running a household.
I read the last posts about the ladies that have already gone back to work, and it's not easy this soon after having a hysterectomy. Especially if colleagues or the boss don't have much understanding for how you are feeling and expect you to be able to be fully back to normal by now. That makes me want to wait until I am at the 6 week mark (my doctor gave me a certificate for that long).

Best wishes to all!
Unread 12-12-2007, 06:20 AM
The Waiting Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpkdcb
Wow fanoffox2, you too????? Well, I don't see my MD until the 27th so I guess I better wait until then, huh?
My Dr. appointment is the 27th too and it has been a long wait...but we are not alone in our waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:28 AM

Thank you hotflashchick,
I hope you will take it easy and not overdo it again. I know it's very hard not to during this busy season but you have to think of yourself. As you say, the inside still needs time to heal. If you do too much too soon, you can get small bleeds inside and that can cause adhesions my doctor told me.

Take care and best wishes!
Unread 12-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte M
Thank you hotflashchick,
I hope you will take it easy and not overdo it again. I know it's very hard not to during this busy season but you have to think of yourself. As you say, the inside still needs time to heal. If you do too much too soon, you can get small bleeds inside and that can cause adhesions my doctor told me.

Take care and best wishes!
I will be extra careful...I don't want to be off work any additional time. I plan to take it easy today. Not much to do except maybe make a few cookies for my family.

Have a good day!
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:02 AM

Hi All. I'm feeling pretty good today. Yipee! I'm noticing that my motions are getting more natural instead of strained. I don't have to think about every move I make. I feel emotionally better. Last week was rough in that regard. Before surgery I was all about getting back to work at week 4. One week after surgery I was like "NO WAY" I'm gonna stay home and heal. I can't imagine being at work. I really don't think I would make it through the day! I'm glad I have that option to make that choice. My doctor shared something at my last visit I thought was interesting. He said that the outside scar is similar to what the inside looks like. Right now the scar is red and angry looking and sensitive. In a few months the scar will have blended back to the skin color and at that point I will know that my insides are healed up too. It helps me to have that visual. Right now I know I've been cut cause I can see it and the insides have been cut, too. I was released for hanky panky at 3 weeks which I thought was too soon but he said that the cuff was healing well and just to take it easy. So we did and I still work and I was sooooo relieved. I hope as more of you are released you will have the same experience. Take it easy, though! I hope everyone has a great healing day! jenny
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Well it has been a while since I checked in, but I am 4 weeks post op and I was feeling pretty good the last couple of days. Well today I had to get out and take my little boy to school. We have some ices and snow here and I was being really careful but needless to say we both ended up falling down on the ice. Now I am pretty sore. I hope that I did not hurt myself when I fell. I am going to take it easy and see what happens. If I am still in pain then I will call into my doctor. Oh why is it that you feel really good and then something has to happen and it goes down hill again. I hope everyone else is doing okay for healing.
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Oh, I'm sorry you fell. I think you're right though. Definitely 2 steps forward and 1 step back with this recovery. Take it easy and take care.
Unread 12-12-2007, 03:07 PM

I had my 4 wk post op yesterday, and I was cleared for sex too. When she check my vagina it did not hurt but the pressure when she checked my incision area internal an externally did hurt. I am concerned about going ahead with the sex because of that discomfort. I actually kept that piece of the news from DH because I am not sure. He is a gentle man but, I still want complete control of when I feel ready without any pressure. I would assume missionary is out. But did it hurt at the incision area to have sex?
Unread 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Kasey2, I did not hurt in the incision area but I did tell hubby not to lean on me. Missionary worked for us but we did have to be delicate. I found the information on this site to be so helpful. My own personal experience was that while it "hurt" it wasn't anything unbearable. I found the time to be pleasurable and something to look foward to again as sex had become extremely painful before the operation. Something I found kinda strange was that the surgical pain I was having seemed to subside the next day. The day after sex was the first day that I really noticed the pain was different and better. Coincidence? No idea....it just was. Be careful and have fun. We lit candles and talked and it was nice. Really.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register