Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Happy Holidays everyone!

I had my post-op appointment last Friday (12/21) and was released to come back to work today (12/27). I figured it was good because I have a short work week this week and next.

I'm feeling a little tired but overall pretty good. My incision by my belly button is still not totally healed and I know it's from my jeans rubbing up against the area. The doctor told me to use neosporin and keep a band aid on it to protect it until it heals up. The other two incision areas are fine.

I'm still getting a little discharge and I've heard that this can continue for up to 8 weeks--it's not anything major just a light discharge.

I'm so glad that my recovery went well and the information on this site has been so helpful! I'm so happy I found it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 11:22 AM

I had my post-op appoint on 12.21.07 and was released to return to work on 01.02.08 and was also release to have hanky panky(that's what my Dr calls it).

Truth be told i'm not ready to go back to work but the bills need to be paid and someone has to do it. I have my good days and my bad days. My Dr. told me to just take it easy at work and walk when i feel good and rest when needed. I have a job where i assist the general population with finding jobs, so i can either work the resource or assist them at my desk.

Will let you gals know how my first day went next year. Have a wonderful and safe Happy New Year!!!!
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM

I have not posted in a while. I had LAVH on 11/14. This week was my first back to work. I am glad it has been a short week. Everything has gone well. It is hard to believe how much better I am feeling. I even seem to have alot more energy. My doctor said I had to wait 7 weeks before having sex so we have not done that yet......but I'm ready. How many have been told its okay and actually did? How was it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 03:50 PM

I had my LAVH on 11/15 and I went back to work two mornings this week and I started taking ambulance call again this week (although I am careful not to lift). I feel a lot better but I get tired quickly and sometimes I start to see "stars" and feel shaky if I'm really tired. I did not have an appointment with the doctor for the 6 week checkup (he told me I didn't need to) but he had told me we had to only wait the required 6 weeks before having sex. My birthday was one day before the 6 weeks so that was when we did it :-) It didn't hurt like I was afraid it might and I didn't even spot. I'm hoping everything is OK but the doctor said not to worry. (Sorry if that's too much info :-)
Have a happy new year!!!!!
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloazican
I have not posted in a while. I had LAVH on 11/14. This week was my first back to work. I am glad it has been a short week. Everything has gone well. It is hard to believe how much better I am feeling. I even seem to have alot more energy. My doctor said I had to wait 7 weeks before having sex so we have not done that yet......but I'm ready. How many have been told its okay and actually did? How was it?
I to am headed back tomoeeow and dread it 9 hours is alot to start with but I can hang I hope... I had the same procedure as you and was released at 5 weeks out. We were ready but took our time DH is still nervous due to the pain I had before the surgery. It is great to be close again
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM

Well I had my first day back at the gym yesterday and it was a sad story. The treadmill was broken so I had to use the eliptical which takes more abdominal work. (I use the gym at my apartment complex) I set the timer for 15 minutes but only made it to 10! And that was at a slow pace, before my hyst I was booking it on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes 5 days a week. I also did some upper body stuff, but it is VERY apparent just how long I've been out of it.
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:46 AM

My lavh, bso, and a/p repairs were 11/14. I had an amazingly uncomplicated and speedy recovery - driving after 6 days, went back to work with no problems after 2 1/2 weeks. Today was my 6 week check and was released for all activities - exercise, running, lifting, sex. Well, we tried the sex thing and it was not a pleasant experience...I have been able to have the big "O" since a couple of weeks after surgery, but intercourse was a different story. Not sure if that was because of the a/p repairs or not. Dr. said things would be "snug" for awhile - difinitely were. But what I was most surprised/disturbed about was that my vagina is not as deep! Dr assured me things would adjust with time....problem is, now I'm worried about trying again as it was not such a great experience for either of us. I know it will all work out, and I guess this is my "complication" since everything else went so smoothly. Hope the rest of you have better "first times".
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:06 AM

Mine is not deep enough either, I am told it will stretch. Are you bleeding a light blush color after? I am and it last one day. I assume this is friction. I was told we would be a virgin again. I was not this tight back then. Another thing too-I have always been able to make it to the toilet before the blob fell out, but with such a short vagina I think it will hit my leg or floor on the way there. Protein for my calf, is that good for the skin? TAH/BSO
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Im feeling left out here I havent had my 6 weeks check and been released for ' Hanky panky ' yet, I dont see my Gynae until the 24th January as ti is holidays here and he is away on christmas break and doesnt get back until then so I have to wait forever and a day to be released!! .... I 'think' I am alright though? as my little 3yo was very very upset last night and I couldnt help mysel;f I had to lift her up and cuddle her and so far so good I havent had any ill side effects from doing that! and also my tummy is nowhere near as tender as what it was 2-3 weeks ago ... AND I fit normal undies again NOT granny ones that are a size too big hehe .... but as for the sex Im not game enough to try that without my Gynaes approval!
Unread 12-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Reading you ladies post this evening has put a smile on my face and has given me a good laugh.... 1st off i was feeling a little blue today, my beau beau just informed me that he's heading to Korea for a year (it's bad enough we live in two different states- ) .. 2nd he won't be here for my b-day in Feb. (he leaves 3days before it). And to top it off i'm scared as heck to have hanky panky. I think the fear comes from if it will still feel the same as before... We will see each other next weekend and i will try to get up enough nerve to try it... Thanks for listening... Have a safe and enjoy Happy New Year!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register