Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 03-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Well Iv been spotting this morning ... Has anyone else had this happen?, me and DH were intimate last night and I think we got a bit carried away there is no pain so I guess thats one good sign? ... and just a little of light pink spotting.

Do I worry? or just wait a couple of days to see if it gets worse or stops? .... This will be why the Gynae told me take things very gently for a while .... oops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 04:56 PM

Hi Chickette: Have you spotted before? Have you had your cuff checked? I ask because maybe you still have some unhealed areas. My doc said I have a little spot and that could cause spotting after sex. I have not spotted, however. I think it's worth a call to they gyn. I am sure all is fine but check anyway. Bummer after 4 months!!!! I'm feeling real sore today and when I cough it "hurts". Nothing terrible but I am suprised at the soreness. I am back to regular activities and I forget I had surgery until I feel sore like today! Keep us updated on your situation! jenny
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:05 PM

I am having alot of sex,with DH, and have not spotted at all, could you have been a little dry and the spotting is from the friction?
Are any of you with TAH/BSO still have numbness below the incision? When I shave my bikini line it feels like I am touching someone else. I am numb on the left but not the right.
The other thing is my roll of fat, it use to live down low but now with my incision it lives up above it. I don't like its new living spot. It is more visible to me now. Yes I need more exercise, and a stricter diet. Its funny how your body can go though such a drastic change, but your fat still finds its way home. Good hearing from all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 05:12 PM

Hi Kasey! I was wondering how you were doing. Hadn't seen you out here in a while. I laughed at the fat stuff. It does find a way home!!! I still have numbness but not like before and it seems to come and go.
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM

Hi guys No I havent had my cuff checked ... I think the spotting has stopped now! lol I keep going to the loo every so often to check .... I think it could have been due to the fact me and DH have only done the deed 4-5 times since been told we were allowed to .... BUT thats only because he has been away with work and I get real busy with the kids and we just dont find time ... then when we do we have nights like last night sorry a bit too much info!! .... But do you think it could be because we just need to take it more easy? and the more we do it the better I'll become? ... Sorry If Im grosing anyone out here!
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:09 AM

It is so wonderful to see all the familiar faces!

I have not had any spotting at all and intimacy is going great!

However, my latest experience was with long car rides. I went on a business trip that was a 6 hr drive there and 6 hr back. I was in the last row of seats in a mini van. That really made me sore and a little swelly belly. It also made my bowels crampy like they were after surgery. I have been feeling so well I didnt even give it a thought that I might be uncomfortable. Yes I should have asked for more stretching time but my boss is so mean and self centered I would never ask to inconvenience her or anyone else int he van.

Take care everyone!
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:31 PM

I haven't had any spotting since the six weeks was up, but I do experience occasional dryness that I never had before :-) My doctor says it's my hormones so he gave me an estrogen cream to try.
Has anyone noticed bowel changes? I still have a bit of a swelly belly and occasionally I am bloated.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
still have issues.

I went to my gyn for a follow up visit. He checked my cuff and ended up treating me with silver nitrate. (I was wondering why I had a watery discharge on occasion). I still get swelly belly once in a while. Also, I have some bladder issues but nothing major. I guess I thought I'd be much better by now, however, I guess 4 months isn't that long. At least I know there are others with similar issues that went thought this about the same time as me.

Take care all!

Miri
Unread 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM

Update ... The light pink spotting only lasted the morning ... I have had no pain whatsoever .. so Im thinking maybe it was due to friction as someone above mentioned??

As for swelly bellys yeap I still get one if Iv had a really busy full on day but nothing like I used to get it just after surgery
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:09 AM

I too still get swelly belly - and also have some days where, if the inside (cuff) isn't sore, the stomach itself is - feels numb and heavy, etc. I must say that yesterday was the very first day that until around dinnertime, Ihad no pain or swelling! I have made an appt with another gyn for a few weeks from now to get a second opinion on the laproscopic surgery to investigate possible fallopian tube prolapse - I have a feeling I may need something done but want to see if this one will do a little more investigation (biopsy, sonogram etc) first before putting me out to check things out! Hopefully month 5 is the ticket to turning the corner~!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register