Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I had been doing fine for weeks. About 3 weeks ago I started getting really crampy and sore- the more I did the worse it got- especially around incision areas. I went to do about 2 weeks ago and she said maybe I had something stuck to my incision as it was puffy and full. She said maybe it would just take time, that going in to look at it might make matters worse- but she ordered an ultrasound to just check it out. She called me at work the day after and told me that my abdomen was full of fluid and that it could be many things- an infection, adhesions, all kinds of stuff. She reccommended doing a laparascopy to check it out. I ended up getting so full of fluid I was out of breath and sore- but not in a ton of pain. Yesterday, was the surgery. Not fun. I hope I don't ever have to do it again. I had two funky ovaries with hemoraggic cysts, everything was all twisted up with adhesions and surgery was over 2 hours. She took out the ovaries. Now, I start hormones. I'm not too scared about that yet. I'll research it a lot. I did have blood the last time I had sex, but a lot of other things too. Whenever you feel like something's not right you need to stay on top of it. Having another surgery was a nightmare- but I"m already sitting here typing away- so I'll be fine! I hope you all don't have any complications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 05:00 PM

Are any of you have trouble motivating yourself to...say diet, exercise or other things that you did normally before? I know I need to do...but seem not able to get myself to get going.
I was just looking at Bob Greene's Best Life Diet online. Have any of you tryed it? Couldn't decide whether to hit the button to pay or not. Any ideas? TAH/BSO.
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Wow, spiceflower, sorry about the trouble. Did you have a TAH? Did the doctor say how that happened? And it happened all of a sudden? Hope all goes well for you now. Kasey, haven't heard of it. I wasn't motivated before surgery, so...... But I have noticed some weight gain since I've been taking estrogen. hmph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:26 AM

Spiceflower - so sorry to hear of your recent surgery. I worry that I am in for a similar ride....I wonder how long before you will feel "great" now! I have had one day (until late evening) when I felt pain/soreness free and as I have posted, am due to see a new md who hopefully will schedule a sonogram or ultrasound - regular gyn wanted to just go in and do laproscopic without any "testing".... how are you feeling and what were your symptoms other than incision sight swelling - I have a feeling like there is soomething stuck "up there" sometimes, or else it's a piercing pain like a hot poker "up there"....if it's not that it's a feeling like I'm carrying a heavy sack of potatoes in my stomach and the outside is tender to the touch....agh.
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:05 AM

Yes, I had my tah on nov. 14. I recovered fine except for vaginal cuff cellulitis around week 2 or 3. The antibiotics nearly did me in. I had a silver nitrate treatment or two- and then in Februaray started getting more tired, more achy. When I'd do too much my incision area was sore and achy. A few times after walking or being really active I could barely stand up straight because the pelvic area hurt so much. I had cramps and shooting/stabbing pains- but not all the time. It was a gradual thing- just feeling like something wasn't quite right. And when the doc said that it might just take time- that made sense to me- I didn't feel like something was horribly wrong or that I was getting really sick- just didn't feel great. Beside the crampiness I felt like I was swelling. I was actually losing a little weight but pants were tight and I was getting really gassy and bloated, burping a lot, couldn't eat much- felt really full.
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Eeks - sounds alot like how I feel. I didn't ever really feel tired until Feb and my TAH was the same date as yours. I never have felt great however but seems to be getting worse - like you, bloated, really gassy, crampy. Did you MD tell you what caused all the problems - or is this something that "just happens sometimes", as I keep hearing about little problem after little problem (obviously yours was not a little problem)....did you feel any better yet since your surgery was so recent?
Unread 03-24-2008, 04:21 AM
new problem, is it connected?

I thought I was doing so well and completely recovered. Have been doing a lot of travelling and that was all fine. Now have daughter and small granchildren staying and feel pretty exhausted physically. Also have developed hemorrhoids for the first time in my life! Spent a day at an event when I had to stand for 4 hours and it happened after that. Any connection with surgery do you think?) It's painful and cant sit down..ouch I am not overweight or constipated. Using creams and will go to doc but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM

tt- I do feel better in that the symptoms I had before the surgery are pretty much gone- but now I'm still recovering- tummy still hurts from lap incisions, still can't do much- get fatigued easily- dizzy-get stabbing pains, abs are useless, etc. I got the whole lowdown on it today from the doc- she said that one of my ovaries had a hemorhagic cyst- it ruptured, then flopped over and got stuck to my vaginal cuff- so it's stuck there bleeding and the area is getting all funky- so she took the ovaries and tubes, and cauterized the incision and did something on the inside too at the incision site to make sure there'd be no more probs or infections- and then I had adhesions everywhere like stalactites (or is it stalagmites?) in the pelvic area- which she says formed from the tah or as a result of the inflammation from the cysts. I've read that you can get that bloated feeling just from having adhesions- but there's a lot of not so good reasons too- so I'd tell my doc if you are feeling like I was- and see what he or she wants to do about it- in my case- it was probably the end of February when I started feeling not as great- and the bloating part just kept increasing over the course of maybe two weeks before it was where I was having trouble breathing, eating, etc. because I felt so full. Good luck! I've read some things about diet and stretching etc. that made people feel better with adhesions...? I hope it's nothing!!!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:48 AM

Spiceflower - how long were you off work after this most recent surgery? I'm glad to hear that the original symptoms are gone but so sad to hear that you continue to have pain/discomfort. I have a call into my MD this morning - I want to go in and tell her that I am prepared to have the laproscopic done but would like to be referred to someone who has experience with patients with issues such as mine (apparently ours!)...enough is enough...the last few days I have had alot of pain in the cuff area. Had a meltdown last night with hubby and told him that I don't know if I'll ever get "fixed"...what a helpless feeling knowing you have to trust others who don't seem that interested....
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM

I took off a week- the surgery was last Monday. Then I have this week off because it's Easter Break- but I might have to take next week too. I'm a special ed teacher and my job is very stressful and I'm constantly moving and doing- my kids can't just sit and do something on their own. I'm still hurting quite a bit in the tummy area and I can't stand up for very long with out feeling dizzy and sweaty and just bad. I've read that the hormone patch may cause dizziness- but I think it could just be my recovery from the surgery. So, it may be three weeks before I feel good enough for work- if I had a quiet desk job I'd go back next Monday for sure.
I've certainly cried a bunch of tears over losing so much of my time and life over all of my medical issues- just wanting to feel better, wanting it to be over, AND wishing my husband wasn't such a butthead about the whole thing. He hasn't been very compassionate or understanding- I envisioned lovely days of him holding me and comforting me and doing all kinds of thoughtful things because he's worried about me- yeah, right! Even my best friend is tired of hearing about all me medical issues- and hasn't called me in a week! My family did help out a lot, and my mother in law- so that's been nice, and my principal feels sorry for me so she's a little easier to work with! LOL- All of this has taught me to rely on myself so much more, and to make my kids step up more and they are responding better than some adults!
I'm glad you're going to see what's what and take care of it. Take care of yourself! Let us know what's happening and how you're doing!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register