Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hi - had a TAH, left both ovaries. I went in on 11/14 for a 7:30 am surgery, and came home by lunch on 11/16. I was walking around the maternity ward (great place to be by the way) by 7:00 am on 11/15. First day was the worst, lots of pain and no clue as to where I was or what I said (my poor visitors). I quit taking the Percocet on day 2, and am now on Motrin. I'm not married, and my boyfriend has to work (very busy season for him), so I'm flying to recuperate in Texas with my brother who is a plastic surgeon. He's flying up to get me, and then fly back on T-giving. Something tells me the meds will come in handy during the flight. Only real problem I have is the BM - very little down there, and I've been engulfing myself on Miralax and Dulcolax. I'm sure it will happen soon. Great to hear of all the recoveries! Perhaps I'm lucky, but I'm sure glad I got this done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldoc
Is anyone NOT feeling better a week after?
April
TAH/BSO 1 wk ago
Boy oh boy! I don't think anyone feels feels better after only a week! LOL. You had quite a surgery there, girl. They opened you up and cut stuff off and cauterized and stitched and altogether you have a great big wound that is healing. That's why they tell us we need at least 3 weeks to get back in the feeling of well-being again. I'm tough as an ox but it was 3 weeks before I didn't feel like total crapiola. It's now just 5 weeks and I feel great. That's probably very typical. Sleep and relax and take MiraLax, the new miracle product for constipation.
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

I had mine on Nov 14th. The surgery was suppose to be at 7:15 but the doctor was early so they started around 6:45. The whole surgery took about 1 1/2 hours. That is what I was told anyways. The first day was the worst. I had lots of pain and of course I was sick from being put under. Once they gave me nausea medication that helped alot, but still had a hard time keeping the pain under control. I was able to come home Friday the 16th in the afternoon. I am doing so so now. I am still in pain but not as bad as it was. I am able to finally keep regular food down me. Nothing tasted good or anything else for the first 3-4 days. I am glad that the surgery is over and done with. I just have to recover now. Hoping that everyone is getting along good as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Well here I am on day 4 feeling great I have been taking things at a slower then normal to me pace as requested by the DR.
I have only had a slight pinch in the lower let incision but it is so close to another older scar from when I was very young.
I was on solid food a couple hours after the surgery but then Jello makes me ILL so it had to go, and after not eating real food for a couple of days I get cranky.
No pain meds after the 1st day Motrin is all I have needed my back is a little sore from the surgery but then I am not a back sleeper and moved onto my side also. I am sleeping better and did once I made it home.
I was not put on HRT and have not discussed this yet I am thinking I will not use it I do not know yet.
I am full of energy but saving it so I can heal. I do not want a relapse or to go back in to the hospital so easy and couch potatoe here I am. I can here for a short sit at a time then back to resting.
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:45 PM
One Week Post Op

I am one week post op from Gall-bladder, TAH/BSO. I went to the Dr today and he removed my staples. Everything looks great he said. He said he was surprised that my bowels bounced back so fast because they really had to move them around to get my one ovary out.

I am walking pretty good and even can do a few dishes at the sink. I dont load the dish washer because it would be to much bending.

I had a wonderful nap this afternoon because I was able to lay on my side without the staples poking everywhere.

My only complaint is boredom. I am making cookbooks for Christmas my nephew's fiance's so I will work on those.

I think I need to go shopping though. That cures everything.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM

Hi All. This is my first post. I had my TAH on Monday the 12th. Seems to have gone ok. I was most suprised at how big my stomach was after surgery. I felt like a balloon. Most swelling is down now. Waking up was freaky. I hurt a lot but was able to get under control quickly. Also was given a nausea patch. Helped a lot. Went home Thursday morning. I slept in my lazy boy for the first few nights. Now, I'm in bed with hubby and dogs. The dogs are being very sensitive. Thankfully. Get my staples out tomorrow. Hoping to feel better soon.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM

I had a TAH on the 14th and just got home a few hours ago. I am still in severe pain and had a horrible time in the castle. I couldn't keep anything down for days and my bowels just wouldn't wake up! I feel a lot better than I did ( I DID feel like I had been run over by a bus and now I just feel like I have been hit by a truck!) I hope no one else has felt as crappy as I have and I am looking forward to my happy days ahead!
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:20 PM

I was told that my body had a six week store of hormones, so I've decided to wait and see. I ask DH to make notes on his calendar to see if he sees things that are different about my personality, and lets see how it goes. Without the hyst. I would be having another period on Dec. 5th, so the six weeks test would give me a window into what things will be like. I do not understand why any of us leave the castle with the patches if all of have 6 weeks stored up of hormones. It would seem that menopause would still be 6 wks off too. Thoughts?
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM

If you have a BSO, your hormone levels drop instantly. If you are obese you could have reserves but they are not necessarily converted as easily. (Estrogen reserves are stored in adipose tissue). The adrenal glands takeover some of the hormones, but they are diminished based on stressors and chronic fatigue or pain. Some women will feel the effects as soon as 24 hours after the ovaries are removed. I would challenge whoever said you have 6 weeks stored.

April TAH/BSO 4th year med student
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM

They let me use the hot pad in the hospital. Felt really good on the side that had the large cyst...My hyst was 11-13-2007
Iowa Woman

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register