Questions on low estrogen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions on low estrogen Questions on low estrogen

Unread 11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Questions on low estrogen

Hi--I think I finally figured out how to use this--I had my hysterectomy in July 07 and I was left with only my right ovary--I have been having some tough symptoms--weight gain with a ton of excersise--mood swings--headaches--achy joints and bones--severe fatigue--my Dr. did blood work and I just found out the one ovary is not working and I have next to no estrogen--he said add-back therapy will help a lot. Anyone experience this and how do you feel?--I am working so hard to get fit and lose the weight I have gained--will this help or hurt--I am so confused on all of this--We really thought leaving the one good ovary was the answer, but he said this sometimes can happen. I felt better 2 weeks after my surgery then I do now--will adding hormones back to my body make me feel better? J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

I only have one working ovary but luckly it is working good. here is a link to help .. estrogen
sorry it isnt working so well. good luck and feel beter .. hormone symptoms are horrible
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:24 PM

I feel a lot better being on estrogen. I will admit at first I gained weight, but the longer I have been on it the weight has gone away. I was also told that progesterone helps with this problem. It keeps the estrogen in check I guess. I am a candidate for it because I am 31, but I think if you are over menopause age they don't recommend using both. I am no expert by any means. I just want you to know that hormones are helpful to many. Good luck and let us know how you are.
Janelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info--I am 41 and I will ask about progestrone with the new meds--he gave me premarin--I hope this does the trick, right now I feel like I have been hit by a truck!!! Jeanine
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:33 PM

I was told by 3 doctors and some internet research the progesterone is good ONLY if still have your uttie.. Anyone else hear that?
Unread 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
I was told by 3 doctors and some internet research the progesterone is good ONLY if still have your uttie.. Anyone else hear that?
Actually it is only necessary if you have a uterus you have to get progesterone to prevent uterine cancer. You can still take it if you don't have a uterus as it helps with many things. For example I was told I have to take it because it helps keep the endo from coming back. I was told by my oncologist that it helps to keep the estrogen under control. Many women here take progesterone and they have no uterus. Prog. is also good for night sweats and other menopause symptoms. There is a link on this site you can look up.
Janelle
Unread 11-13-2007, 03:42 PM

Thanks for the info... I will look it up!
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM

chiphauger,
I am feeling the same way. I am worried about going back to the doc because I have my ovaries. I am just not the same. I just am beside myself. You also need to know, I hate going to the doc. I don't do well admitting that I am not 100%. Any help you could give would be great.
K
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:58 AM

I also was leary to call my Dr. because we had both worked so hard at getting me well and I did not want to admit I felt bad. I was soooo glad I called him--As soon as I told him how I was feeling, he new exactly what was going on--ordered blood work and called me a day later to let me know I was not crazy and my one ovary was no longer working and I had no estrogen --It helps that I love my Dr--he listens --that is important--it may be that your ovaries are not working right after your surgery--just remember--even though Drs can be intimidating--YOU are hiring them to do a service for you and you have to be your own best health advocate--if he is not responsive, tell him you want your blood checked--tell him you know your body better then anyone and something is not right--if you still are not happy there are pleanty of Dr.'s who would want your business! Good Luck and keep me posted on how you are doing! Jeanine
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM

My OB upped my patch from .025 to 0.375 mg, then I have a blood test to check it all on Dec 5th. I will tough it out till then. Nice to see we are all trying to get back to normal, normal as in pre peri meni!! seems like a life time ago!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register