Boss has an attitude | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Boss has an attitude Boss has an attitude

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Boss has an attitude

Help! I just got off the phone with my boss and I am scared.
Here is a little background...I am 6 weeks post op from an abdominal hyst with repair to my intestines also. (My boss also had an TAH). She called my at 2 weeks and 4 weeks post op and was very nice. I called her after my 5-6 week checkup to tell her I would be back to work in 2 weeks (what I had told her before the surgery) and she copped a huge attitude with me and even said she was going to call my doctor to get me back earlier! I explained I was still healing and I would see her on Nov 26. She said ok and hung up on me. Now I don't know what I will face when I go back. Any comments!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:20 AM
those bosses! (kids mentioned)

These bosses just need to get a clue! If you are so invaluable to the company that they can't do without you for a little bit longer, than I hope they give you a nice fat raise once you're back! I would think they would rather have a healthy employee rather than one who is not feeling up to par, and therefore not working to the best of her ability. I had a coworker years ago who saw me go through 2 miscarraiges before having my 1st child. Several years later, I ended up working for her at another company. I found out (unexpectedly) at the end of my 1st week I was prgnant. When I told her, her 1st response was "Well, lets just wait and see what happens. Remeber what happened before?" OMG!! I think sometimes bosses only see through thier "boss" galsses, and forget their employees are actual people as well.
Sorry for the rant, I guess this touched on some deep-seated animosity on my part! Best of luck with your boss, I really hope you can get this smoothed over.
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Boss has an attitude

I'm definitely going to make a special point to thank all the people I work with, including my boss, for their patience during my recovery. It has been, since the beginning and still is, "take as long as you need, we want you to get well, we need you on our team."

I feel so bad for those of you who don't have the same support from your coworkers and employers. I just cannot imagine how much this adds to the stress of recovery.

I guess the next time my boss irritates me, I'm going to have to remember he was there in a big way when I really needed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Boss has an attitude

Just remember your health and well being is the most important thing--this is a tough thing to recover from and you need to listen to your Dr. You need to make sure you are 100% before you return to work! NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE CARE OF YOU!!! Jeanine
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Boss has an attitude

check your FMLA laws in your area -- that way you have info regarding the status of your position when you get back

maybe she had a textbook recovery like I did and did not have any complications -- you had additional stuff done and that will effect your recovery.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Boss has an attitude

Thanks for the suppport. I wanted to stop by the day before Thanksgiving, but now I feel funny. Maybe I shouldn't call of stop by and just go back on the 26th.
My doctor said the most important thing to me: This is the only time I have to heal. It is not like we take a leave of absence all the time!
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
boss will survive

OMG, where to begin, my boss hung up on me when I told her (after my 1st surgery in aug.) I wouldn't be able to go back to work for at least 2 weeks, then I had to tell her,not till oct.10th, then because of fibriods causing extreme back pain, I won't be back till after my hyst.

And this one really kills me, she suggested I have my knee surgery at the same time so I won't miss any more work. She is all administration, she has cut hours & streamlined everthing soo much, no one wants to work.

With all my medical issues I was dealing with she nearly drove me crazy! Now that I'm all fixed (hopefully)I can deal with her & keep her off my back! She'll get over it.

I just hope I don't get too tired my first days back at work as my job is very physical & lots of heavy lifting, and very fast paced!

your recovery is of the utmost importance & if the dr. thinks more time is necessary for optimal healing, there is nothing your boss can do. If he/she does there's really nothing she can do but pitch her little temper tantrum. If by chance, she did call your dr., I'm sure he would educate her on infinging on your medical privacy, not to mention trying to suprcede his medical recomendations!

Hang in there, it'll all smooth out with time. Heal well & take care.

Terry
TAH/BSO 10/17
Unread 11-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Boss has an attitude

Everyone heals and recovers at a different rate. I wish they would all understand that. I had told my boss I would try to help out from home while he was on vacation. 3.5 weeks post op - when I stopped by to get a quick update, I got all this stuff plopped on me. Appts, etc. I don't know how much I can actually do. My DH said, do the best you can, and don't put your job b4 your health. My boss has been patient, but I don't think he understands that it's just taking me some time.
I'm frustrated with the job issue, and just venting!
Unread 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Boss has an attitude

Sorry you are having this experience! First off do not worry about her calling your doctor, there is no way a doctor is going to discuss your case with her. Secondly, your doctor and your instincts are right, if you need more time this is your only chance to heal. FMLA allows you up to 12 weeks. You will be way under that. Only the doctor can release you; it is not up to her. Do not let them bulldoze you and do not feel guilty. It will not come to this but we can always get another job we can never replace our health or a good recovery.

Hang in There!!
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
The Boss will get over it!

I agree with mrswillie's comments (surprise!)

A doctor is not going to discuss your case with her, because of privacy laws. Also, any doctor in their right mind will tell her that there is no earthly reason to rush your recovery and that she needs to go build a bridge and get over it!!!

FMLA was put into place to help people keep their jobs in the event that something of this nature occurs.

Like everyone else has said, YOU are the most important part of the equation. If you have any trouble, I can take off my patch at talk to her for you

Consider this a big hug for all that you are dealing with with "Simone Legree"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register