Question about intimacy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about intimacy Question about intimacy

Unread 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Question about intimacy

I was absolutely scared to death to post this ?Glad some one was thinking the same thing I was.Having fun with my DH,but what about me?Well4 1/2 weeks to go and scared so bad that it will hurt.My motherinlaw told me it would be like the first time again.OH Boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Question about intimacy

I have not had any desire to do anything at all. I had my post op on Monday this week which was 3 1/2 weeks from surgery. My Dr checked inside and said there was still a lot of inflammation around the stitches and told us to wait another 4 weeks. DH was NOT happy about that but he's being very understanding ( at least he's acting that way). I know he's dissappointed about it. I do not want to do anything that'll make things worse than they have been / and are. I still have some pain almost every day. I think it's because I'm already working again, and maybe staying up too much. I just cannot sit around. Just don't have that in me. Thanks for the advice you are posting. It's extremely helpful.
Good days to come,
Suzanne
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Question about intimacy

Let's look on the bright side, Ladies--there are other things besides physical intimacy invoved in our relationships with our DH's. Why not enjoy this time appreciating one another in other ways(walks, long talks, acts of kindness,spending time together, be creative!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Question about intimacy

countrybunch05--
I am glad we all have a place to ask the hard questions and to comment on very private things. Thank God for this website-right girls?!!
I had a TAH on 9/11 and my doctor told me nothing until after my 6 week checkup. He told me after he examined me that everything was healing fine. It still must have been week 7 before we actually had intercourse. It was not painful, but we took it slow and easy. No problems and it was great. I am 52 and I feel so much better-got some of my want to back-LOL.
Other than the hot flashes I have no complaints.
I hope your first time goes well!
Hugs-
DEBBIE
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM
relieved

I was laughing Katt - you may have to keep him out of the bedroom! I'm like you and Janelle - I have been initiating it too - I just can't seem to help myself! I really haven't felt like that for quite awhile, so I'm enjoying wanting to, and at the same time, not really doing much. I think at this point I'm so thankful to be wanting to, and hope that continues and grows. I have been afraid that this surgery would ruin that aspect, and am very encouraged that it hasn't so far!! I'm also very thankful I have sisters to talk to about this difficult subject.

My hubby and I were talking about the fact that we were married 20 years ago in February, and we will be reliving our wedding night when I am released. Scared to death! Who'd have ever thought?!

Sandy
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Question about intimacy

too funny - whole body spasms. I read somewhere that these spasms are related to the uterus. I've reviewed and in some cases, learning for the first time, some of the female anatomy and the complete functions. Some of it, I just had never really thought about.

I'm in even greater awe of our parts and what they can do. The parts expand for birth and even, for sex. I knew this, but seeing and reading just reminds how beautiful our Creator made us.
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
prolapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle9876
Well when I did it too soon (at 7 weeks) I knew right away. I felt my cuff open and then the pain was worse than the hysterectomy pain. Then the blood started and followed by lots of watery looking discharge. It was my bowels and the fluid around them coming through the hole in my cuff. Please be careful ladies. I had been having lots of external stimulation prior to this so I feel that had something to do with it. By the way when the cuff tore it wasn't during the beginning, it was when I climaxed with my DH inside me. He even felt the pop too. It was a horrible experience. Now I am here Nov 13th and I had my hyst on sept 11th and I can't do anything for at least 6 more weeks. On a funny note my doctor told my DH and me that she used extra strength stitches she will have to cut out this time. She told my husband don't go poking around in there until I say its ok because it will poke back! It was too funny. Please listen to your doctors, having to have your cuff reopened and bowels fixed then sewed back up was the worse.
Janelle
Janelle, OMG that must have been just terrible. Why doesn't the Drs explain something like this to us. Maybe they should read some of our experiences on this site to give to their patients on what could happen...

Wondering what kind of operation you had to put things back in order. I just had my 6 m. post of checkup and I only saw the nurse pr. I was afraid of a vaginal prolapse but she said it was ok. I know I felt something fall down when I had my first BM but still don't know what it was.. Good luck on your healing.
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Intimacy

I have two problems to contend with when it is "time" to be sexually active again. First of all, DH will be taking medicine for E.D. (erectile dysfunction) and second of all, it will be the first time having sex after hysterectomy. Any suggestions?
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Question about intimacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetowalk
too funny - whole body spasms. I read somewhere that these spasms are related to the uterus. I've reviewed and in some cases, learning for the first time, some of the female anatomy and the complete functions. Some of it, I just had never really thought about.

I'm in even greater awe of our parts and what they can do. The parts expand for birth and even, for sex. I knew this, but seeing and reading just reminds how beautiful our Creator made us.

these are things I did not know either and I agree that we are uniquely (sp) made by our Creator.
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Question about intimacy

I don't know, but I tell you it has been a rough few weeks for me....the first two weeks I was in to much pain to even think about sex, Now its all i think about. I'm about to go crazy. I go to the doctor on 11/20 and if i don't get the O.K. to be intimate with my DH i might just end up on the couch, just to keep down temptation. Its crazy, after having my kids, i could have waited a year to be sexual, just thinking of the pain i went through giving birth. Now the same rules apply here...(gotta wait 6 weeks) and i can't control myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register