Ongoing Complications - I could cry!! (update) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ongoing Complications - I could cry!! (update) Ongoing Complications - I could cry!! (update)

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Update on pee issue ~

Well it's a good news / bad news update. The good news is that I'm off the cath for now. The bad news is that depite 24 hours IV Levaquinn, and 5 days oral, I still have a UTI!!!! So my Doc sent my urine to be cultured to ensure I get the right antibiotic. The results should be in today or tomorrow. I'm still not voiding completely but my DR want me to try to give it a day or two to see if it will start working on it's own. I am on strict orders though to go back in right away if I feel my bladder filling up too much again. It's kind of hard to tell though. I wish I were see through!! I really feel though once I get the right med things should start looking up for me.

I am so grateful for my Dr right now. He wasn't seeing patients this week and he has seen me every day and has called at least once a day to check on me!! I'm glad to have his partnership in this nasty pee problem!!

Please ladies cheer my bladder on!! I keep telling her - you can do it!! LOL!!!!!

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Ongoing Complications - I could cry!! (update)

That is good news. I hope it starts on it's own. Here is your cheer:
Go Bladder, Go Bladder Go! Give me a B-L-A-D-D-E-R! Go Bladder!
LOL!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have a one of a kind doctor. At least you know you are in good hands.

Good luck to you, keep us posted.
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:20 AM

I'm still suffering from bladder issues too. I have to go to the lab tomorrow for them to take a urine sample. Got to check for a UTI.

I was told to take my time peeing. Breath deep (not strain) in an effort to get more urine to pass. Also to limit my caffeine and to either drink cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets with Vitamin C. Maybe some of those tips will help you. I was out running errands today and the leakage has decreased so we are making progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Starbgirl, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of this.........I hope and pray that you're feeling better very soon. Keep us posted on your progress and how this afternoon's visit goes.

Take good care and try to keep your chin up!

Christine
Unread 11-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Starbgirl and other sisters who got poor nursing care. I am so so sorry for you. I also got bad care and could have easily died during the first 12 hours post op. My dh and I BOTH work at the castle where I had my surgery. You'd think the nurses would work xtra hard to give good care, right?
As in all fields, there are hard workers, competent workers, conscientious workers, and then there are the others. I see it everywhere I go. It's terrible that people go to work, take care of ill, defenseless patients, and don't give it 100%, isn't it? It breaks my heart. Well, I am going to report my poor care b/c the nurses did not even follow policy or follow my doctor's written orders. My oxygen level(supposed to be over 95%) was 70% when it was checked. My patients who I take care of are on continuous monitoring when they get the spinal drug I got. I was not on this and could have died in my sleep. Scary, aye?
I strongly advise you to report a nurse who jeopardiized your care. Seriously, it may be the only way to make a change. Call the hospital and ask for the DIRECTOR of the unit. Please, do this. I get wonderful letters from patients, and you'd think that would motivate my co-workers to give upscale care. It does not. They want to get the least amount of work done b/c they are LAZY. Again, so sorry for you shoddy care.
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM

I too am on levaquin750mg a day for 10 days for a UTI/kidney infection.I am awaiting results of a culture to make sure that i am on the right antibiotic.this really sucks.I have allready made my thoughts known about the nurses that caused this infection by leaving my bladder full for 12 hours before doing anything.one of them has been put on admin leave pending a invesigation.I hope everybody else is getting better,
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Jenny - I feel for you. I've been thinking of complaining also!! It's so frustrating when were not well cared for in our most vulnerable state!! I pray for you complete recovery!! I wish my Dr would have cultured mine 1st thing. Oh well such as life.....I keep telling myself don't use your energy on the past use it on healing for the future!!

Cheers,

Starbgirl
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM

Oh well such as life.....I keep telling myself don't use your energy on the past use it on healing for the future!!

Amen to that!
Unread 11-16-2007, 01:42 PM

Starbgirl: I'm glad that you have been blessed with such a caring doctor. Bless his heart! I've been wondering how things were going for you, so I'm glad to hear that it might be getting a little better for you. Count me in with your bladder cheerleaders! Go starbgirl's bladder!

I had some excellent nurses at the castle, and some really bad ones! My first room nurse post-op was awful. I was still pretty out of it, but I was vomiting a lot (they traded my tiny emesis basin for this giant clear bucket). I distinctly remember her telling me how disgusting and unappetizing my vomit was. If I wasn't still so out of it, I probably would have let her have it. Geez, what was I supposed to do, vomit up a rainbow! My second day in the castle, I had a shift basically ignore me. My IV alarms were going off all the time and they would ignore them. One time, it was running on empty for 40 minutes before she finally panicked and put on a new bag. Despite asking for pain meds throughout the shift, she never brought it until the shift change, when I guess she realized she never brought it and the next nurse asked why I had gone the entire shift with absolutely no pain relief. I had one fabulous nurse both the first and second days, and I am really thankful for her!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register