Anyone else feeling hindered? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling hindered? Anyone else feeling hindered?

Unread 11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Anyone else feeling hindered?

I have problems getting motivated to do anything, clean house, work, (from home), grocery shop, have fun. If it wasnt for my DD I wouldnt do a thing!!! I do my mom stuff for her and stay cheerful around her... but it feels like I am in a world of "I don't care" It happened before my surgery but its a little worse now. I am fearful of driving and doing things in life I use to LOVE TO DO... weird now??? My pain is gone since my uttie and pals were removed and I love that but the mood is still there. I tried Anti Depressants 3 times over the past 2 years they only made me sleep 12 hours or more a day and gain weight. Anyone else have this problem??? Any ideas? I wonder if I need to up my HRT? I am only using a 0.25 patch weekly. Im 51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Sounds like you need to revisit your doctor there are many different anti depressants and forms of HRT. I think they can do more to try and alleviate your discomfort.
Good Luck!
Unread 11-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
I have problems getting motivated to do anything, clean house, work, (from home), grocery shop, have fun. If it wasnt for my DD I wouldnt do a thing!!! I do my mom stuff for her and stay cheerful around her... but it feels like I am in a world of "I don't care" It happened before my surgery but its a little worse now. I am fearful of driving and doing things in life I use to LOVE TO DO... weird now??? My pain is gone since my uttie and pals were removed and I love that but the mood is still there. I tried Anti Depressants 3 times over the past 2 years they only made me sleep 12 hours or more a day and gain weight. Anyone else have this problem??? Any ideas? I wonder if I need to up my HRT? I am only using a 0.25 patch weekly. Im 51.
I feel exactly the same. I have no drive and my patience and state of happiness seem to be gone. I did visit an endocronologist (sp?)-she immediately took me off of Enjuvia (.625 mg) and placed me on an an Estrogen Methtest 1.25/2.5mg. It helped a little, don't feel as overwhelmed. I am going back to see her Dec 13th to get the results of my blood test-I am also scheduled for a bone density test. Two of mybiggest concerns are weight gain in hips and butt-I feel as though I gained a little and can't get it off,also I am breaking out-sometimes cystic and sometimes just pimples that come up as bumps and don't go away for a long time. Thats bad, I am a picker! My skin just doesn't look good. I also notice that I do not heal as fast as I used to before the surgery-that's frustrating! As far as the pimples, I am looking into supplementing more with vitamins and minerals. I will let post my success or failure with that. I can say that since I started using Flaxseed and Calcium (Ionic something) my nails looks great and my hair is growing faster.
If anyone out there has any suggestions on my routine, your advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 06:02 PM

I agree with the previous posters. I would suggest giving your doctor a call.

Let him/her know what is going on.

I had some problems getting "balance", but thankfully my doctor worked with me and I have found what is best for me. I hope you will have the same result.

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM

I would talk to your dr, things can get all out of whack with surgery good luck
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:55 PM

Thanks all, I will talk to the dr on Friday, he is my new dr... hope he is a good one... wish me luck!!
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:12 PM

Hey...I'm sorry you've been having some bad days Presouz! I am on Premarin Pill 1.25...so far, so good. I haven't been depressed too much. I hope that your new doctor will help you get back to feeling good again. I do wish you luck!
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:28 PM

I agree with everything said above. This sounds like depression, which could be hormonal based as well. There are so many types of anti-depressants out there, and my understanding is that if they're making you tired or loopy feeling long-term, then they are too strong for you. What have you tried?

A serious talk with your doctor about this and your hormone treatment is necessary. Don't continue to suffer this way, you've gone through way too much to be able to enjoy your life, you're almost there - it's time to finish the job!!!

Good luck and let us know how you make out!!

Take Care,
Christine
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:56 PM

I have no motivation. I wake up in the morning feeling unrested and go to bed so tired. I haven't gone back to the doctor becuase he told me I would have no problems because I kept my ovaries. I know he well tell me to get more sleep, eat right and to exercise more. I was worried about gaining weight after my hsterectomey and he said that was not true, if you eat right and exercise. Well I have gained 10 pounds in 3 months. Maybe it is because of the lack of motivation. I don't know but right now I can't stand myself. I feel like no matter what I do I gain a pound about every 2 days. I can say, I wish I had wait a while longer before going under the knife. thanks for listening.
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybuzzy
I have no motivation. I wake up in the morning feeling unrested and go to bed so tired. I haven't gone back to the doctor becuase he told me I would have no problems because I kept my ovaries. I know he well tell me to get more sleep, eat right and to exercise more. I was worried about gaining weight after my hsterectomey and he said that was not true, if you eat right and exercise. Well I have gained 10 pounds in 3 months. Maybe it is because of the lack of motivation. I don't know but right now I can't stand myself. I feel like no matter what I do I gain a pound about every 2 days. I can say, I wish I had wait a while longer before going under the knife. thanks for listening.
This is depression. No doubt about that. Whether caused by hormone fluctuations or whatever, it is depression and needs treatment. Please go get a second opinion. Make an appointment with an endocrinologist. Just because you still have your ovaries, doesn't mean that your hormone levels are where they should be, many times after hysterectomy the ovaries stay "asleep" for awhile or even stop working. Please get another opinion and stop suffering. This is a dangerous way to feel.

Praying for you.
Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register