Follow up visit | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Follow up visit Follow up visit

Unread 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Follow up visit

Just had my total hyst. last Friday and I have an appointment for a follow up visit the Monday after Thanksgiving (2 week visit). Exactly what does the visit entail. Do you have an internal? Just want to get an idea of what to get mentally prepared for this time I'm already nervous about the biopsy report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Follow up visit

Every doctor and case is different but I can tell you about my 2 week appointment. They checked vitals. The doctor looked at my incision and probed my tummy some. No internal was performed. We talked about my surgery, my progress, and symptoms I was having. He gave suggestions and then we scheduled my next appt. the worst part was the tummy probe, and that was not all that bad. I hope yours goes well and you feel better. If you are worried about pain take some pain meds about an hour before the appointment.
Take care!
Unread 11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Follow up visit

I didn't have an internal until my 6 week post op visit. The 2 week post op visit was just to check vitals and check the incision to be sure all was healing okay.

Hope your 2 week post op visit goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Follow up visit

Did not have an internal at my 1st appointment (1 week after surgery). It was really an incision check, checking to see how I was doing, if my pain was controlled, review of permitted activity, and most importantly, review of path report.
Unread 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Follow up visit

I just had mine today! Piece of cake! My didn't do any looks or checks. Just a tummy check. My Doc said she doesn't examine anything (unless there are problems reported) until six weeks. So we chatted and she released me to do pretty much whatever I feel good doing (except of course fun stuff with the DH)!

Best to you!
Unread 11-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Follow up visit

OK ladies, I can relax a little now. No internal for awhile Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that there are no surprises on the biopsy report.
Unread 11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Follow up visit

I had an internal today which was my 4 week post op. I had a TAH/BSO done. All in all, it wasn't bad. There was some pressure (which is why I understand why NOTHING should go into the vagina), but no pain. Before when I had my pelvic exams, I would come back and have cramps for 24 hours afterward. Now with no uterus, that was a piece of cake in comparison.

Don't worry about the exam, you'll be o.k. when the time comes for you to have it

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register