Help-I think somethings wrong - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help-I think somethings wrong Help-I think somethings wrong

Unread 11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Help-I think somethings wrong

I agree with everyone else, you should go to the ER, at least there you will get examined and they will run any tests that are necessary. Explain to the Dr. at the ER that you fear something may be wrong with your bowel, and hopefully they'll be able to figure out what's causing your pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM

SOMEHOW get a second opinion from another doctor. It wouldn't hurt to have another doctor check your surgeon's work and really take time to listen and check everything out.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM

I would have to agree with everybody else on here and say go to the er. and I would do it soon!If you do have an infection starting i will be easier to clear up with antibiotics than if you wait.skin infections can be tricky to clear up anyway.I am not a doctor but.....I think that you really need to see another doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM

Whether you call your doctor and get right in or go to the ER, do something, please.

I had a lot of the symptoms you're describing without the seroma. Bowel and bladder pain after this type of surgery is very common. These organs experience a lot of trauma. For two weeks after surgery, I would go into cold sweats and almost pass out from BM pain. In addition, I developed a very painful UTI, that ended up being pretty persistant and needed 2 rounds of antibiotics to treat, which is common because of the catheter used during surgery. The UTI caused me to run a low grade fever. If it gets worse, you risk kidney infection and another hospital stay, which I'm sure you don't want right now.

Please seek medical advise immediately.

Let us know how you're doing after.

Take good care,
Christine
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:18 AM

OMGoodness! I agree. If you have not already gone get to the ER!

Please keep in touch, we will be thinking of you.
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:32 AM

Go to the ER! I can't believe your doctor didn't put you on antibiotics automatically when your wound opened. I think that is irresponsible. When mine opened I was put on two different antibiotics at the same time just in case. Please go in. They can do a blood test to check for infection. They can also do a cat scan to check for bowel obstructions etc. Good luck. You are in my prayers.
Janelle
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:39 AM

How scary! Yes, I say E.R.

Better safe than sorry!
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:33 AM

DONT MESS AROUND!! Sound like more than one thing is wrong, if you have a hard time going potty and your incision issues.. TRUST ME I am one whow knows how Dr can just push you off. YOU KNOW in your heart you need to see someone.. go to a walk in or directly to your Dr and talk to the Dr nurse. KEEP US POSTED! GOOD LUCK!!
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM

go to ER - yes. any blood would need doc's attention. I hope you get the needed treatment.
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Call the nurse and tell her you want to take a lab test for UTI, this will start you on the road to finding out whats wrong dont wait!! go to the ER or walk in clinic PLEASE... let us know..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register