December 11th club - Hi Everyone! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

December 11th club - Hi Everyone! December 11th club - Hi Everyone!

Unread 11-21-2007, 07:50 AM
I found it!!

Hello, All. I am scheduled for a TLH on Dec. 11. I have a little countdown on my computer at home that tells me exactly how many days, hours etc until the procedure. There is so much to do before then!!!

Andi from Indianapolis, IN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 08:31 AM
December 11th club - Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the thread Andi. I'm having a TLH as well on the 11th. When is your pre-op?
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Pre-Op

I am getting my blood work done on Nov. 30, as I will be out of town that whole week before the procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 10:12 AM

sounds like a good way to take your mind of things-going away...Ive got my pre-op on the 5th..and am now worrying if something might put off the surgery, which would cause havoc in my scrupulously planned enforced holiday...

also, my hospital is having a hygiene problem- and are going as far as not allowing visitors in, because of a sickness bug going around...they've even closed some wards, and Im hoping its not going to have a knock on effect on operation schedules - but no one seems to know. just imagine having surgery and then getting a vomiting bug---ouch!

Do you ladies have to pay through insurance - atleast my surgery is 'free'?

PS Hi Andi x
Unread 11-22-2007, 12:28 PM

i'm with you, busy is better! but if i had to be out of town the week before, it would make me crazy. free insurance. amazing. my husband and i are both self-employed. i'm on the insurance for people who can't get insurance. i pay $527 per month. he pays $232. do the math.....lol we are insurance poor....:-) and this surgery will bring in additional bills. something i'm not going to worry about at this time. i have all my pre-op stuff done. have to see the dr. mon. she is going to go over everything. thank God. just figured i'd have to see wait and see what was going to happen. i've been waiting months for this. if anything throws a kink in my plan i will not be happy! the only thing i'm worried about is the weather. and being able to make it to the hospital. 7:30 am surgery, have to be there at 5:30 am, what the heck!! lol
Unread 11-22-2007, 04:38 PM

oooh, I'm not good in the morning..have to go in at 11 for afternoon surgery, but can't eat from 7, might be better to get it over with. time difference we may be in at the same time.Its 10.30pm here.

we don't need insurance in UK. the health service pays for all essential surgery, treatment , dentist, maternity etc. through our tax system. can't imagine what it's like to have to worry about money at time like this.
Unread 11-23-2007, 05:13 AM

(((ladies)))

Just a quick reminder that "Friends Without Faces" is for fun and social chit-chat, etc, and not for hysterectomy support. If you do have any questions, please be sure to post them in the Pre-Op Forum.

Also, please continue to visit the Pre-Op forum and post there, as there are so many ladies (who don't share your surgery date) who would love your support ~ and vice-versa!

Thank you for your understanding and hope you're enjoying your memberships!

Unread 11-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Hi sisters,
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday.
I did go out yesterday just not at 4am, but I got so tired not like me, I can shop with the best of them. I had back pain so bad it got hard to walk.
Does anyone else have back pain? And mine is worse after my peroid than durning.
I am just resting at home today not cooking for 10 people and not shoping.
I go for my preop at the Dr on Monday(26th) also to check if my blood level is ok. I hope so the iron pills taste bad all day long.
Have a good day girls.
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:30 AM

Hello Ladies, I am sched. Dec.11 (TAH) as well. Go for pre-op on Dec.6th. I am 27yrs. old mother of two, wife, and have a full time job as well. I have been suffering from endometriosis for as long as I can remember. I also have a mass on my uterus from Uterine Varcies that was found through laproscopy surgery in Oct. My Doc also found a pocket with fluid too in my colon. just had a colonoscopy two weeks ago. Everything went well. I am getting nervous. I am ready to not been in pain any more. I hope you all had a great Turkey Day.
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:35 PM

Hi Short, sharing both days. have my pre-op on the 6th.

sounds like you have your hands full, but hopefully be well worth it for you and your family.

odd for me, hearing you all talking about turkey day and so on..we don't have thanksgiving over here obviously...just building up to a big Christmas.
been shopping again, but don't seem to be able to concentrate..

Joy, I haven't had the back pain, but can imagine that could be a problem depending on where your fibroid is pressing. i feel uncomfortable if I have too much to eat, and some pain when i lie in different positions.
Maybe you should ask about it in on the pre-op. forum.

always think that pain is a sign to rest anyway..

Im still doing exercise to strengthen my stomach-hoping it will help post-op.

Hope you all had a happy turkey day from the UK..lol.

hope all goes well tomorrow Joy
xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register