December 11th club - Hi Everyone! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

December 11th club - Hi Everyone! December 11th club - Hi Everyone!

Unread 11-25-2007, 01:09 PM
December 11th club - Hi Everyone!

Thank you Elle64 for replying. I am so glad to have a sister with the same dates as me. I have some of my shopping done. I am not putting up the Christmas tree up this year. My kids are kinda bummed about it. I get it out and put it up and then take it down and put it away. I just don't think I will have the strength to take it down and put it away. I don't want to look at it for months after either. Are any of you ladies purchasing or have already purchased the Swelly Belly Band? Just wandering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy49
Hi sisters,
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday.
I did go out yesterday just not at 4am, but I got so tired not like me, I can shop with the best of them. I had back pain so bad it got hard to walk.
Does anyone else have back pain? And mine is worse after my peroid than durning.
I am just resting at home today not cooking for 10 people and not shoping.
I go for my preop at the Dr on Monday(26th) also to check if my blood level is ok. I hope so the iron pills taste bad all day long.
Have a good day girls.

Please remember that any posts about your hysterectomy need to be posted in our PreOp forum. This thread is for chatter other than your surgery.
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:38 AM

Ellie thanks. I have posted on the preop about back pain and will ask my Dr today.

You are so smart to be exercising, I bet you will be up and at your self in no time because your in good shape.( while I am still wondering why I ate so much Thanksgiving)
Have a good day everyone and welcome to all that are new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Dec 11

It seems as though a lot of us are having pre-op on the same day. My is also Dec 6, with the doctor I don't know when the one for the hospital is yet. I wish everyone well and good luck.
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:40 AM

I wish I had energy to exercise. I am in so much pain I cannot do anything right now. The Pain has wiped me out. Nothing seems to ease it !! I am Losing my mind!! I look around my house and there is so much to do. I cannot do it. Does anyone else feel this way??
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
So True!!!

I feel you completely, I look around and seems like there is never ending things to do. I painted my living room last weekend and carpet is coming on Thursday. I figure if I have to lay on the sofa I should enjoy my surroundings. DH is just following the program I'm sure he thinks I'm insane.

DJ
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Hello everyone I'm 43 living in Edinburgh Scotland and having TAH/BSO on the 11th and Pre-op on the 6th. As I'm in a lot of pain I'm abdicating and delegating this Christmas. Let's see what the rest of the family think of Christmas now!! Gill
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Hello everyone. Somehow I got off subscription for this thread. I didn't know sisters were writing and I thought i'd jump on and see how everyone is doing.

Andi - I think you have your pre-op today. Let us know how it goes! I go in for pre-op on Monday. I'll write that night and let you all know about it.

I'm feeling pretty ready...still. now that it's only 11 days away I'm starting to get a little impatient. I just started working a temp job that I do every Nov-Mar for a non profit arts council to help them get ready for a conference in March. it's keeping me really busy and that is a good thing!

Hey - maybe if we have a question that we have to post on the other forums because we are not supposed to here - we could just make a quick post on this thread to let us know. For instance - I just posted alternative to morphine on the pre op.

I'm just thinking that it might help some of us since we have the same timeline here.

I hope everyone is hanging in there. Oh yea - I started a journal on this site. check it out if you want.
Unread 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM

That sounds like a good idea Tammy..would like to read and write a journal. Find writing very therapeutic - a way of thinking things through, without boring everyone else.lol.

Have been sharing the getting ready mania - but am starting to get to the point of accepting that it's not all going to get done, and beginning to feel calmer about the whole thing.

I have been organising my bedroom though...some friends bought me a pre-hysterectomy gift of books etc. etc. bless. not gone as far as a new carpet .lol...wonder f there's still time...lol.

Yesterday,I had to tell my class that I wouldnt be teaching them until February - feel so guilty..they are madly making 'secret' cards for me. Last day next Friday, so thats going to emotional.

My op. has suddenly become very public. Parents have been coming up to me lending support..kids want to know exactly what im having removed!! Bizarre week all round. Won't be there for their Christmas Performance..very sad.

On top of all that, my hospital has just gone on red alert and postponed all operations- i have no way of knowing if im even going to be able to go in on the 11th..no idea what im going to do if it doesnt - so many people are pulling together to let this thing happen. So just holding my breath, and trying not to think about it..

Going out dancing tomorrow night for a last fling..lol

Good to hear from you Gill, love your nickname. Sorry some of you ladies are in pain..it really will see what the family are made of, having to fend for themselves for a bit..

Hope all pre-ops go okay.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Enjoy

Hi Everyone,

I did get my carpet down and the room looks great (lol) I will miss my son's band concert that is being held on the 12th. I'm upset about it and he says just have someone to tape it. I guess for a 12 yr old it's not terribly important to have Mom there.

Ellie64 I hope you have a really good time dancing. Spin around the floor for me a couple of times.

Thanks to all for the support
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register