Abdomen feels tight, hard, almost like uterus is still there | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdomen feels tight, hard, almost like uterus is still there Abdomen feels tight, hard, almost like uterus is still there

Unread 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Abdomen feels tight, hard, almost like uterus is still there

Anyone else feel this way? I'm 7 days post op from my TAH. The last few days I've felt as though my uterusis still there...all tight and hard in my tummy, causing me to feel waves of breathlessness like when I was pregnant. I still have my ovaries and had the rest of the staples out today. I have quite the swelly belly and am urinating often. Just wondered if this feeling is normal? tks Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM

I feel like that to some days. Today, I told dh that I have fullness and it is making it hard to breath, like I need to stand up straight to not feel strain when I breath. I don't know what that feeling means? The doctor told me the other day I have a bladder infection and that is why I am urinating alot and lower back pain. Could you have one? maybe
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM

jmary56, rather than guess what's going on, please consider calling your doctor and describing all that you are feeling. Maybe you need to be seen by a doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks for your message...I will keep an eye on it...I do have to urinate often so perhaps it is an infection.
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:37 PM

Thanks, I was at the doctor's office today to have my staples out...I told them about it but they didn't seem to think anything of it. Although tonight I'm more bloated than ever in the belly and my discharge has increased quite a bit.
I do urinate often but I thought that was just because I drink a lot of water and my insides are healing. I appreciate this forum though....it's a wonderful way to get feedback and basically what I need! Have a great evening,
Jo
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:52 PM

Gosh, I'm 4 weeks post op (TAH/BSO) and I swear I'm pregnant! LOL.
I honestly feel contractions, pressure, fullness, etc., etc. It's the weirdest sensation. I'm not kidding either about contractions, something does contract when I lie down at night after being on my feet most of the day. I pee all the time, too.

It's all too strange for me.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSH112
Gosh, I'm 4 weeks post op (TAH/BSO) and I swear I'm pregnant! LOL.
I honestly feel contractions, pressure, fullness, etc., etc. It's the weirdest sensation. I'm not kidding either about contractions, something does contract when I lie down at night after being on my feet most of the day. I pee all the time, too.

It's all too strange for me.
Girl, I am 9 weeks out from my TAH on Sept. 11 and I still have the feelings like contractions. It happens just out of the blue. I thought I was the only one to feel that. Glad to hear I am not alone. Basically, I am doing fine. I still have some bowel issues and oh there is the hot flashes. The doc took everything out> I had stage 2 uterine cancer. He doesn't want me to take any hormones so I hope the flashes don't get unbearable.
It has really been a wild ride-never had anything like this before.
Take care of yourself-it is very important.
DEBBIE
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:28 AM

Wonder if you guys are swollen inside and need some ibuprofin. I take it when I feel like that cause it pushes out over my insision line and don't like the feeling.
What pills are you still taking if any
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:38 AM

I've had that feeing for the last several days. I am now trying to make it on ibuprofen for pain and swelling. My whole abodomen feels like it's one hard ball and I get this breathless feeling...very much like my uterus is contracting and sending these feelings...but it isn't there...so you may be right about the swelling. Good to know I'm not alone! Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register