Weight gain concerns | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight gain concerns Weight gain concerns

Unread 11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Weight gain concerns

well, here i am, 8+ weeks out, and i've put back some of the weight i lost, which means that i don't fit any of my clothes, as when i was 10llb lighter, i was still bigger than what i had been??? so, now, here i am, with a belly bigger than i've ever had, even when my uterus was still there, filled with fibroids and the size of a 5 months preggers ! ! how frustrating ! ! if my weight goes back to normal, am i gonna be needing maternity clothes?? anyone out there got any ideas??? groan..........whose idea was it to be a woman??? next time, i'm coming back as a man. no way i'm going through this stuff again. if my dh wants to hook up with me again, and he's a male, then i told him he'll just have to be gay ! ! lol........ should've seen the look on his face ! ! aaah, gotta laugh, but, today after looking in the mirror, not so funny ! hmmmm........ :confuse: .....gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Weight gain concerns

LOL i would of liked to see the look on his face too lol .. weight gain im not much help with i gained weight and still have a swelly belly and i eat super healhty and excersice. i hope some one has some good advice.
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Weight gain concerns

I am with you sister - you're not alone! I had my TAH the same day and I'm fighting with a belly that seems the same size as before my TAH.

I know it's some of the swelly belly and mine is still very tender.

We gotta be patient, I've been walking more lately, hoping some of it will go away and get toned in the meantime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Weight gain concerns

My weight seems to have shifted. I'm close to the same weight as before sugery but my belly is bigger and have more around my back. I guess I'm thiner in other areas but my middle has grown. My pants are all tighter. I'd like to get rid of the middle weight and put it back to the other place or just get rid of it all together. I wonder if all the hormone changes have caused all this.
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Weight gain concerns

I too gained weight after surgery. I was never a heavy person, but after surgery and a long drawn-out and still ongoing recovery I gained 18 pounds. I blame it on lack of interest/ laziness/ pain/ overeating... you name it. My dh and I joined weight watchers online and now I'm down 28 pounds and he's down 58 pounds! I think the online program is wonderful, and I especially think starting a weight loss program with a partner is great!! Good luck to you all... getting started was the hardest part!
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Weight gain concerns

My weight has been like a rollercoaster since surgery. Initially lost 10lbs (probable due to vomitting and zero appetite for the first week), now i've gained that back plus! It's very frustrating. I've been walking daily since week two, but not my usual 3-4 miles. Not quite there yet. My abdomen is also the main area that seems bigger. I've tried to keep eating healthy, but boredom took over for a couple of weeks. I'm used to being on the go constantly so this was a big adjustment having to take it easy. I start back to work next week so hopefully just the increased activity and decreased time to eat will knock a few pounds off. I like the idea of online weight watchers. My dh lost 30lbs going to meetings about 6 yrs ago, but slowly it came back on. It would probably be good for us both! Hang in there all!
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Weight gain concerns

I am 7 weeks out and having some trouble with my weight! I'm a weight watchers member and feel like I am doing well, but my weight is all over the place. It is like my body has gone haywire. Is anyone else having wild weight fluctuations?

Hang in there Genevieve!
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Weight gain concerns

I am not quite two weeks out yet... but I was and I guess still am a weight watchers member. I was doing the program at home and had lost 20 lbs since August. I havent counted a point since surgery. I had absolutely no appetite and had to force myself just to eat so I didnt think it would be an issue. However, I was "forcing" myself to eat the wrong kinds of foods. I havent been drinking enough water and that does not make my chances for easy BM's any better either.

There is WW forum at www.healthdiscovery.net. Its a wonderful site just like this one only for Weight Watchers members. The members there are inspirational and encouraging.

I am going to start counting points again as of next week. I know I should start today, but I am not ready to start taking the time to prepare foods in advance or go grocery shopping for the right things. And DH is already doing so much I hate asking for those things right now.
Unread 11-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Weight gain concerns

hey lisa, i eat healthy too, so it is frustrating, eh? and yes, still snickering at the look of dh's face ! ! not that either of us have anything against gayness, as we have heaps of friends who are etc etc......but, when you're not gay, its a whole different perspective?

and kell, i guess it is a matter of patience (what's that???). and as my doc said the other day - how long it takes to heal, relates to lots of things, including the fact that the bigger the organ removed, the greater the adjustment the body needs to make. and with your great big volleyball removal, its gotta take more time ! ! sigh......

and kathy - i rather was thinking that my fat distribution has changed as well ! ! and it seems softer/floppier??? what's going on there??? and yet, i'm still under the weight i started at??? WHAT???

and janel and wilpn, my partner is as skinny as the day i married him, so he's no help at all ! ! won't even turn gay for me next life, judging by the look on his face ! ! geez.....

and thanks fluctuating haiming........i'll keep hanging......(mostly the fat roll on the belly that's hanging now though ! ! )

and, jaime......its hard to focus on the mathmatics of ww, when you're so early out from the surgery, and just trying to get through the day with the best quality of life that you can sustain at the present. so, good luck with it next week. you've obviously had amazing success with it before, so it should be a snack (pardon the pun ! ! ).

and, hope all you sisters, have a fab weekend. i'm off down (5 hr drive) to see our grownup kidz and our new, one & only grandson, who smiles at me and doesn't give a fig that his nonna has a flabby belly - so i'm going to be having myself the fabbest weekend.........gee.
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Weight gain concerns

I lost 14lbs before surgery, 2lbs while in the hospital and after six weeks I've gained just one pound but my belly is still huge and I don't fit into my pre op jeans. This is something of a problem because I bought one pair of elasticated waist trousers and have been wearing them ever since I came home from the hospital!!

(Note: they have been washed several times, on days when I'm not going out and no one is coming round and I can wear my pjs instead!)

If this goes on much longer I'm just going to have to take myself shopping for some bigger jeans....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register