6 week post op check | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post op check 6 week post op check

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
6 week post op check

What did your Dr ask you at your six week check up?

I've got my check up in 10 days, OK, it's 7 1/2 weeks since my op, but it's supposed to be my 6 week check.

This probably sounds really irrational, but I don't want to go!

I have been feeling really emotional and depressed and I feel like it's all my Drs fault because she did the op. I don't want to see her, I certainly don't want to talk about how bad I feel (but I have been to see my regular Dr) and I just wish I didn't have to go. She's probably going to give me the OK for sex, but I really don't care. All I want is to have the old me back and I know that isn't going to happen.

I KNOW I've got to go and see her. Any ideas about how I can get myself more positive about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
6 week post op check

(((Buttons)))

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so down. I am supposing you aren't using any type of hormone replacement right now. The symptoms you are describing sound pretty typical for having lost your ovaries. This is a tough time, but you really need to be talking to your dr about how you feel, be honest. She can't help you if you don't let her know how bad it is. Sometimes an antidepressant will help if hrt can't be taken.

Please take heart, and don't just let all this go because you are discouraged. Hopefully there will be some others come along who are dealing with some of these symptoms too and can offer some more help.

Oh, at the six week check up my dr talked to me about hrt, sex, and getting back into my normal activities. You might find it helpful to read the 5-6 Week Checkpoints. There is a list there of suggested topics to talk about with your dr at that six week checkup.

That reminds me, I hope you will begin some form of exercise if you haven't already.(With your dr's ok, that is) Exercise is one of the best things you can do to help relieve depression. Talk about what options you have in your situation. Weigh the pros and cons and use that to make an educated decision for your future.

I hope this check up will be just what you need to help you get a handle on what you're dealing with. Let us know how you do and try not to worry about that visit.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register