DH invited Mother in law to stay with us!!!!!! UGH! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH invited Mother in law to stay with us!!!!!! UGH! DH invited Mother in law to stay with us!!!!!! UGH!

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
DH invited Mother in law to stay with us!!!!!! UGH!

My Mom-in-lawis coming Tuesday to stay for a week. Hubby invited her yesterday to come "help." She is about as cuddly and nurturing as a thumbtack! I have never ever seen her cook anything.. ever! She is sooo much work, he has no idea, and explodes if I say anything negatve about her. I am exhausted when she leaves on a normal visit! Help, what should I do? Move? Divorce? Hide under the couch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Dead man walking. Is your dh off work? Did he consult you first? Let him know under no circumstances is this ok. Ask him to switch it to another time, say late in the summer or even bettter, never.

Take to your bed and stay there.

I am so sorry. My non-cuddly, nutso MIL has not called to inquire how I am. It's only been three weeks.
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:55 AM

My mother in law hasn't called to see how my surgery went either. When my hubby called her and told her I was having surgery she said that I should try for an alternative like just chemo and radiation. She said it will be to hard on everyone if I have surgery. Hello! She lives in Florida and I live in Michigan, I don't see any problems for her. You think she would have called just to give her son some support. Oh well enough venting. Good luck.
Janelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Oh my gosh, this is so not good! I appreciate your humor and I even laughed, but this is NOT FUNNY!!!

Does your husband realize how much he is NOT helping you right now? Are his motives alright, he's just trying to be helpful but missing the mark?

I just cannot imagine having to deal with that stress right now. I was grateful to have someone around the first few days after I came home from the hospital but after that it was GET AWAY FROM ME! I really enjoy my quiet relaxing do whatever I want to, account to no one but me days. I would be so upset if anyone threw a monkey wrench into my little piece of heaven.

Good luck, keep us posted. I feel for you, I really do! **** husbands, where do they come up with this stuff ???
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Dead man walking
now THAT was funny
Unread 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Don't hide under the couch - hide in it!

I agree with the advice to stay in bed. Seriously!

I'd start now by staying in your jammies and only getting dressed when you're going for a walk.

I just couldn't imagine! Oh, are you expected to cook Thanksgiving dinner? Make sure your husband understand you are NOT going to be able to do that. Get him to make alternate arrangements.

At least that's what I'd do.

I don't think you have time for a divorce.
Unread 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM

You know, those painkillers have a way of making you say things you normally wouldnt say...so tell your husband not to be surprised when you cuss out your MIL and tell her exactly what you think of her. And him, AAMOF. Reassure him it will just be the painkillers that make you say stuff like that on a continual basis. You couldn't possibly have no control over that sort of thing!

(I'm being facetious here)
Unread 11-16-2007, 02:27 PM

just tell him to call her and tell her you are feeling much better and arent in need of any help. theres no way i'd allow my husband to arrange for any "help" for me.
Unread 11-16-2007, 04:45 PM

oooh, I'm sorry about the MIL, that's not right that DH didn't tell you what his plan was.

Maybe this will be the time the 2 of you can start fresh?

(Or, make sure you just take LOTS & LOTS of naps! Can't annoy you when you're sound asleep!) Good Luck to you!
Unread 11-16-2007, 05:28 PM
oh oh

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh he really did a no no. Like one said, your humor makes us laugh, BUT....not good.
IF she has to come, by gosh you stay in your jammies and robe, and you stay put! Maybe he thinks you are now ready to have her there and thinks she will help. maybe he wants his mommy.
Maybe suggesting that if need be, your DH pays for a house cleaner to come in after she leaves. Be sure he knows that you can't clean, entertain and cook, that he will have to do it for his mom. He will have to take care of her AND you.
Honey, if you have to, you just close your eyes and fake sleep, and moan, and mess up your hair and let them know you arent doing well and need to stay down.
I feel so bad for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register