Not a very good nurse (update) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not a very good nurse (update) Not a very good nurse (update)

Unread 11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Not a very good nurse (update)

Trevina:

I was waiting to hear back from you because I read your post while in the hospital. You poor thing. My heart goes out to you and I'm glad that you're home. I had IV problems too and finally they got it right on the 3rd try. Of course my IV was in the worst place ever - right wrist. I'm right handed and nothing was going right. I came out of anesthesia with major itching all over and later found out I'm allergic to the tape they used all over my body. Oops!!!

I developed a bad headache 2nd day and the nurse asked me (I had 4 nurses) if I drank coffee. I didn't but drank Diet Coke. She immediately got me their version of Diet Coke (diet shasta cola) which I downed and my headache was gone very quickly.. She was so nice... One of nurses asked me if I was prone to get bladder infections. I have only had 2 in my life but since I was allergic to the tape that was on my catheter, she brought me cranberry juice and said that might help.. I had no idea what the two had to do with each other, but I welcomed it. Of course, I'm a diabetic so the diet juice would have been better, but I didn't complain because she was just trying to help.

Have your headaches been better since you're home and can have Diet Pepsi at your leisure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humming Bird
Trevina, You have been through a lot. Oh my goodness. Did you have to drive to Houston or Dallas or some other major city in TX. 200 miles is a long way to drive to a hosp. I'm in Katy TX not far from Houston. That sounded like a terrible experiences. I hope since you are home you can start recovering and feel better. I never sleep good in hosp. When you do fall a sleep someone else wakes you. I hope your migranes go away. I got a migrane at day 3 after surgery. I think the hormones caused mine. I still get them occ. but not as often. I hope and pray you feel better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kathy
I drove to Dallas, Irving to be more specific. Yes, my hospital experience wasn't what I hoped. I was there a little over 2 full days and had wonderful nurses, but one bad nurse ruined my stay and compromised my recovery. I haven't had another migraine since I woke up with one. I sure hope I am over that now. We'll see tomorrow. Thanks for the good thoughts.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine43
Trevina:

I was waiting to hear back from you because I read your post while in the hospital. You poor thing. My heart goes out to you and I'm glad that you're home. I had IV problems too and finally they got it right on the 3rd try. Of course my IV was in the worst place ever - right wrist. I'm right handed and nothing was going right. I came out of anesthesia with major itching all over and later found out I'm allergic to the tape they used all over my body. Oops!!!

I developed a bad headache 2nd day and the nurse asked me (I had 4 nurses) if I drank coffee. I didn't but drank Diet Coke. She immediately got me their version of Diet Coke (diet shasta cola) which I downed and my headache was gone very quickly.. She was so nice... One of nurses asked me if I was prone to get bladder infections. I have only had 2 in my life but since I was allergic to the tape that was on my catheter, she brought me cranberry juice and said that might help.. I had no idea what the two had to do with each other, but I welcomed it. Of course, I'm a diabetic so the diet juice would have been better, but I didn't complain because she was just trying to help.

Have your headaches been better since you're home and can have Diet Pepsi at your leisure?
Yes as you can see I stopped posting in the hospital
because I literally was hurting so bad from the migraine that I couldn't open my eyes and I was just lying there with an ice pack. I have had caffeine today so that may be what my problem was, well see. But so far tonight I have not developed a headache. I sure hope I don't wake up with one tomorrow. They have really been devasting to the point I can't move and just keep an ice pack on and cry. I haven't had them so bad since I did invitro fertilization and had migraines from the hormones used. I wasn't allergic to the tape thank goodness but I sure have a lot of sticky residue all over me. I pull down my panties and they stick to that residue and just about pull my skin off. I've been using baby oil to try to get it off.

I was poked 4 times for two IVs so I understand that iv trauma. But the iv that was mainly used and was in my hand was the one that awful nurse burst the vein in and then just left me in agony with that iv in and waiting for someone to move it. I do plan to write out my complaint when the hospital sends there "how did we do?" comment form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Trevina:

Amazing how the Diet Cola's work - just like coffee, huh? I hope you don't get any headaches. I haven't had one since I've been home but I don't get the massive migraines either (only twice) where I can't keep my eyes open and cry into a pillow.

My first IV collapsed which was in my left wrist. This happened about 10 mins before going into surgery. When the 2nd IV went in my left forearm, I was complaing to hubby because it really hurt... Of course there were so many people around me with instructions to hubby about where to go when surgery was over, where he should wait, what they were going to do with me, etc... I couldn't get a word in edge-wise to complain how painful my arm was feeling. By the time I could say something, I was being wheeled into the OR... I know I was trying to tell the staff about my arm and how much pain I was in but then I could feel the spinal block and I was out!

It wasn't until i was being wheeled into my room that I began to cry (I think) because my arm was hurting. Yeah, as if!!! It was all swollen and leaking - morons. NOW someone finally was listening to me.

I got a survey from the hospital but I have yet to send it in. I had such a bad reaction from the anesthesia that I was itching all over. When I finally buzzed the nurse around 3am (my surgery was at noon), she's like "why didn't you call me earlier?" HELLO......... I was.... duh.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlet7
Im soo sorry you went so much! But Im glad your home where you can rest and start to recover!
I hope your headaches goway soon!
I'll be thinking and praying for you! please take care and let us know how your doing!
'
Thanks so much

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register