Odd dreams, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Odd dreams, anyone? Odd dreams, anyone?

Unread 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Anyone else have odd dreams?

My first night home I had a strange dream about an old college boyfriend. He wasn't even a long term boyfriend, but one of those situations that it was never the right timing. We were both non-traditional students (ie: 29 & 39) with careers.

Anyway, this dream was so...out there. I haven't thought about him in years and have been happily married for ten. In my dream I remember being just crushed at knowing I couldn't have children with him.

That was the last time I took two Vicodin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Oh, man I had some crazy dreams too before I stopped taking the oxi. Very crazy dreams and they were very realistic, the kind of dreams you think are real and you don't know where you are for a second when you wake up!!
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

The other night I had 2 strange ones.
First was that a neighbor boy came to play with my DS. There was some kind of accident or something, and the neighbor boy ended up getting hurt very badly. When I ran into where he was, his face was covered with huge blisters and he was screaming, holding his hands to his face. It was so real to me I jumped out of bed and turned on the lights before I actually woke up.
The second was that I started having problems with urination, ended up in the ER. The doc attending me was a doc I used to work for like 13 years ago, and not a very nice guy. He told me I would have to self cath, and when I told him I didn't know how, he said something to the effect of "Don't tell me I'm going to have to show you how to shove this up @@@@@" It was quite shocking, really.
Don't recall if I had any meds that night before bed or not....
Also had a dream that I lost my 88 year old grandmother on a college campus in a strange town.

Makes you kind of afraid to go to sleep, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I had a sleepless night last night for the most part, but when I did sleep I had the most horrifying, distorted dreams! I really was afraid to go back to sleep! I know that vicodin sometimes causes it, so I swore off them completely now.
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

When I'm not having trouble sleeping I'm having weird dreams. Ever since the surgery I'm having dreams about strangers. . .people I make up in my mind, situations that are not about my life. Before the surgery my dreams at least had 1 person I knew. I figure my dreams don't want to deal with this either!
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Heh. In my dreams, I'm young, vivacious and THIN! I don't mind going to sleep! I just seem to have some trouble getting there.
Unread 11-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I am 2 months post op and I still have very vivid, realistic dreams -- like I can actually FEEL myself hugging someone and dream about people I haven't seen or thought of in years -- but some have been very intense and scary. I used to have dreams like this when I was pregnant, so I'm blaming it on the hormone changes.

At least, when I dream, I know I am getting a deeper sleep and that type of sleep has been rare, so I'll take it -- bizarro dreams and all.
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Wow! Good to know I am not the only one out there! Since surgery 2 months ago have very strange, vivid dreams; often disturbing and very often violent (planes falling from the sky, hostage takings etc); not very restful!
They are fading as time goes on and are not as bad as they were; I think its from the anesthetic messing with your brain waves, but of course, no doctor will agree!!
Unread 11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

The first week post-op I had some very realistic and bizarre dreams when I could doze off for an hour (hour and half if I was lucky). I had insomnia badly and was awake more than asleep the first two weeks.

I dreamed, in four separate dreams, that someone was breaking into the house.

I dreamed that I was in public (grocery store, mall and convention hall - not sure why those places) and suddenly starting squirting massive amounts of breast milk. I was squirting uncontrollably and I could not get it to stop. People were screaming and ducking. I was horrified and apologetic but no one understood. What a mess! LOL!

I had other weird dreams about people I knew years ago and have not seen or thought about in at least 20-25 years.

I dream in color normally and to have these dreams that were so realistic and then wake up suddenly I was not sure if I was dreaming or if it was really happening. It was disconcerting at times.
Unread 11-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I have also had weird dreams about people from high school and college that I also haven't seen in years! I had a dream that I answered the phone during one of my naps and actually held a conversation with someone. It seemed so real that I looked at the phone log to see if it really had happened!!! I think it is the vicodin.

This is the best website! It makes me feel like I am not totally losing it!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register