Odd dreams, anyone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Odd dreams, anyone? Odd dreams, anyone?

Unread 11-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Vicodin.........I am SO jealous - I got Ibuprofen!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

When I was using oxycodin (sp?) I would get strange dreams. The doctor said it was one of the side effects. Then when I didn't need it anymore I got different kinds of dreams; I figure maybe hormonal stuff is causing it. But the drug induced kind were scary and I didn't like them. I wouldn't make a good drug addict because I couldn't take that stuff!
Unread 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I had two nightmares the 1st two nights after my surgery. The 1st was that I got up out of bed and then cried "oh no!" because I could feel a huge wave of blood/clots (?)rushing out of me. I woke up very quickly before anything came out, thank goodness. I believe the 2nd was similar but I don't remember. No more since then!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I had a dream yesterday about having a blood clot in my left calf - I was walking around the ER kinda crying in pain and walking around in a daze as it was getting worse - trying to get someone's attention saying "I think I have a blood clot in my leg" over and over and showing everyone my huge hard calf. No one would pay any attention to me. Then I woke up rather disturbed by it all.

I have this extreme fear of having a blood clot in my leg as my mother's side of the family has a history of blood clots...and I've been quite concerned about the estrogen patch I was on because of it all (I've had to remove it because of intense local reaction). Plus I have been having cramps in my lower legs and my feet since I came out of the hospital - and even had an ultrasound on my legs a couple days after I came out of the hospital because of it...everything was fine - but I still have the cramps on and off. I kinda figure maybe I had a cramp in my sleep and then had that disturbing dream at the same time. Still annoys me as I've had several dreams of bad things which have come true over the years.
Unread 11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I am dealing w/the insomnia thing and weird dreams. LOL I don't even remember all of them, but they have been so vivid and crazy since just a few days after surgery. I am no longer on pain meds, never was on anything but children's motrin after surgery, but I think maybe the hormones are causing all the weird/crazy dreams?

I don't know. I just know alot of mine are sexual ones and well, *blushing* that's really not me.
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I have had some real doosies of dreams since my surgery. I have a very vague recollection of them in the morning. I know that I also hullucinated when I was on some of the pain meds in the hospital. They just really wacked me out.

I am sleeping on and off throughout the day. The biggest challenge is to figure out how to get comfortable in bed. I just cannot find that spot yet. Even sitting in a chair is hard for me.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I think it's the anesthetic and the hormones - I had a LOT of sexual dreams after surgery and despite everything was EXTREMELY interested in sex if you catch my drift.......

I, of course, lied to my DH and pretended he starred in all my dreams.

Now, they are definitely fading, none the last two nights, just normal everyday dreams if there is such a thing, so they DO fade after a while.

Reminded me of being on the nicotine patch to quite smoking years ago - had the same weird, vivid dream effect.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Siouxzee, I had those sexual dreams at first too and an increased interest in sex. I thought it was just me! It must have been the hormones. Cause I could care less now! ha

I just remembered one of my weird dreams from last week. I was walking around showing everyone my incision. I have no idea why, and I showed this lady and she said, " I think that the doctor has missed a few staples." I told her, "oh, no he got them all it just looks that way." Then when I got home and was in the shower, I looked down and realized that I had about three to four staples still in there. She was right and they were rusty and looked infected. I started to panic, and then I woke up. Werid
Unread 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

Oh yes. The sex dreams. I've had a few of those. lol.
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Odd dreams, anyone?

I haven't had any crazy dreams, but one thing that struck me as odd...when the RN who cared for me in the hospital called me at home 2 days after I was released, she asked the usual questions (had a BM yet, any fever, redness, etc.) but then she asked if I remember having any strange dreams while under the anesthesia. I told her I didn't and she answered, "Really?!?" like she'd never heard of that before. My DH & I thought that was strange, and as I've had several laparoscopies in the past, all with no dreams (that I can recall) we couldn't figure out if it was a good thing or bad thing that I didn't dream.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register