Just got home and cant stop peeing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got home and cant stop peeing Just got home and cant stop peeing

Unread 11-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Just got home and cant stop peeing

I just had surgery yesterday and Im home already. I am swollen but not to bad in the pain department as long as I take my needs. I just cant quit peeing. And Im swollen from head to toe. Im actually 13lbs heavier now than I was when I went in. Well its real soon so I guess I can only wait but if anyone has experienced this it would be nice to know. Going back to bed for now. See ya soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 10:38 PM

I came home 15 pounds heavier! And going and going...I think it's the saline plus the IV plus just the insult to your insides that causes them to swell, and now our bodies are purging that excess. Keep drinking lots of fluids, that will help flush it out. I lost 5 lbs. in less than a day, so I know it's got to just be fluids.
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:58 PM

TameraJo,
I'm so glad to hear you are back from the castle. I also had to pee a lot after surgery. Make sure you tell the doctor if you have the urge to pee but little comes out or lower back pain. I ended up with a bladder infection right after I came home and just thought it was the normal from the cath. But, I'm sure it is just all the iv fluid, you should of seen my spare tire, after I came out! Glad everything went well and your back home and resting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Thanks ladies. Keep any advice you have coming. Its 230pm and Im about to take my first shower and I would imagine that I will be tired again after that so it will of to another nap. I see we take alot of short naps!!!!! I cant wait for me first real good nights sleep,WITHOUT PILLS. No real big events to speak of just yet. My short stay in the hospital was great,my nurses were anyways. One kept me laughing cuz she knew I was scared to death. I dont like any new introductions to meds so you can only imagine how my questions I through at hem everytime they came in with A NEEDLE. So far everything seems to be going okay and I pray it stays that way. Ill be back later
Unread 11-17-2007, 01:32 PM

I was in the hospital for 3 nights and once I got my catheter out, was running to the bathroom constantly - must have been all of the IV fluids, plus they had me drinking tons of water.

Also, I came home weighing 9 lbs more than when I went in. I attributed that to gas and fluids, as I was back down in a week.

Hang in there, it gets better! I'm happy to say that now - at 3 months out - I no longer have that "have to pee every five minutes" feeling that I had prior to surgery due to my huge fibroid filled uterus pressing on my bladder.

Unread 11-17-2007, 05:12 PM

The need to pee every 10 minutes will slow down after a couple of days! While you're at the castle, they are pumping you FULL of liquids. Once you get home, you are in control of your fluid intake. It's very important to drink that water though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register