Panic Panic Panic | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic

Unread 07-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Panic Panic Panic

well I have 5 more days. Had pre- addmission today and I was feeling pretty good about things until I got there, I singed in and sat down, there was an elderly lady before me and they were so rude to her. I wanted to spit bullets. On her way out she looked so confused and the person with her did to. I stoped her and wished her good luck and told the person with her to call her doctor and report it. When I was called back the nurse was having a coversation with another nurse about not having enough workers and she was complaning about having to work two jobs and they acted like I wasn't there. I turned and said do you mind, I am here for my pre addmission and I am nervous enough and I don't want to here this,please take care of me or get someone in here who will. She took my blood, did a EKG and handed me some papers about what to expect from your hysterectomy and said have a good day. I hope my surgery goes better and that the nurses on the floor don't have the same attitude or I am in big trouble. :eyes: I am calling my doctor first thing Monday morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2001, 03:59 PM
Panic Panic Panic

What a terrible experience for you, and the elderly woman before! I have worked in the health care field for more than 20 years now, and spent the first 12 of them working in the hospital, and that type of behavior is NEVER acceptable!

I would suggest that you contact the hospital administration offices and voice your concerns. My experience with hospitals tells me that will make more of an impact. I make this suggestion in addition to notifying your Dr.

Please don't let this awful experience worry you too much; you have enough on your mind right now. I would expect that most of the health care workers that you come in contact with will be quite capable and be able to show some compassion.

Best wishes to you!
Unread 07-13-2001, 04:06 PM
shortage

i am sorry you had to be put inthat sisuation, yes there is a shortage of our health care workers some of these people work terribly long hours and weeks, im sure they will be better to you when you go in they are human to i had the most wondreful staff take care of me understanding and compassionate i knew some of them were doing double shifts but they were still descent. i work in the health care were not all nasty because of short staffing but i feel bad you had to go through that! big hugs i came home today feel tired and a little sore hang in there. sandy TAH-7-10-2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2001, 04:16 PM
Panic Panic Panic

Lilly - What an ordeal. That was very thoughtful of you to wish the older lady good luck!!!!

You sound like you're a woman that will speak up if not being treated properly...good for you.

The nursing staff was short handed when I was in the hospital but there was only one that needed an attitude adjustment..the others were just wonderful.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PS - Don't forget your chapstick.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register