Feeling guilty - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling guilty Feeling guilty

Unread 11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Feeling guilty

And don't let any boss or family member push you into returning to work too early. That is a discussion you and your doctor should be having. That's also part of the rights under the Family Leave act and other Disability rules. Let them deal with it. If you go back too early, yeah I know you are bored, but if you push yourself you are likely to injure yourself internally and won't know about it until it is too late. This is why it is not uncommon for those having abdominal surgery to be out for 6 weeks. I think 4 is common for those that had vaginal surgery since there is one less set of stitches to heal but those 4 weeks are important for the internals to heal properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Feeling guilty

It's hard to take it easy since that's not what we do!

I go for my 6 week checkup on Wed so I thought I would be healed enough to do a lot this weekend as we had a mini family reunion in another city. I'm paying for it today! I am exhausted and my belly aches. . .taking pain meds today when I haven't for awhile. Worried now that I'm not as healed as I think and that I might not get the ok to resume things!

So take it easy. . .for as long as necessary. You have a lot of healing to do, most of it where you can't see it.
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Feeling guilty

thanks! It's comforting somehow to know there are others in the same situation. Of course that's what this terrific community of "sisters" is all about!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Feeling guilty

I too feel guilty. But this morning I was thinking if I get up and do any house work and I end up in the hospital or have a set back it will all be my fault because I have the love and support from dh,ds, friends and family who do things for me, and it would not be fair for them as either. So I decided to sit back and pamper the princess until the dr. gives me clearance for anything.
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
No feeling guilty! No fretting over work! (Easier said than done)

I too have been feeling guilty about being unproductive. My house is looking pretty yucky. I've been fretting over work too.

I had surgery 1 week ago today. I was doing great, then apparently overdid it (bending over for housework). I spent the day nauseous and started having considerable pain at the right end of my incision site. The pain was bad enough to have to take pain meds.

Anyway, I learned a lesson. I don't think I did any real damage, but it made me think. Overdoing it could cause some minor bleeding ultimately resulting in adhesions. I don't want anything to make my previously constant pain to return.

Again, you all have made me feel better about things. Thank you so much!!
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Feeling guilty

Thanks all of you ladies - I too am struggling with thinking I should be cleaning my tornado of a house and stop being so dependent, and since I'm home all day with nothing to do, I should be doing everything! You should see the list I made last night before I went to sleep of things I thought I was going to get done today - what a laugh! I did half of three of them (there were about 15 things on the list - LOL) and quickly realized that I just CAN'T. Tonight and tomorrow I'm going to lay around - watch the boring tube (I hate to sit and watch TV), read, go through the mail and sleep. Lots of good advice on this thread, and I'm going to take it. Even at three weeks, when I think I should be doing more, I really should not be, and cannot be. Pretty eye opening!

Sandy
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Feeling guilty

I too, am a week out, off meds, feel great! Daytime tv is the pits! I have a stack of books, my eyes get tired reading too much! DH has been wonderful taking care of house, I do feel guilty when he comes home tired and has to clean and cook! He went with me to have staples removed on Saturday and heard the Dr say nothing but personal care for four weeks! He won't let me do a thing! I am going to pay my niece to come in an hour a day and tidy up.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Feeling guilty

(((ComfortableLady))) -- You are still soooo early on in your recovery. Let the pampering continue... and continue... and continue. Take care not to let people assume you're back to 100% - otherwise your body will give you a whack to remind you AND them!

But seriously, it's great that you're having good days and feeling well, but please don't overdo it! It's so typical for we women to be bogged down by guilt, but truly, this is one time where you have no reason to feel bad about taking care of #1.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register