Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries

Unread 11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries

Hey Pam, you put all that stuff in your signature. Up at the top on the menu bar it says User CP. Click on that and then choose Edit Signature and play away!!

Hey XOXO, so glad to hear you are doing well. It's amazing to be on this side especially with all the other sisters that were around the same time as us! As for overdoing, I just think you going to do what you can when you can and if it's too much our body will tell us. We just have to use some common sense.

And yeah.... 2 steps forward..... some days it's good, some not so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal27
I had similar pains. I was thinking I might be ovulating. It was about the right time for it.
I never thought about that, that's interesting. Golfgal-let me know if you find anything out about that?!
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Woobie1,

It is so weird to be on the other side. I can remember how scared and worried I was before on the pre-op side!! Thinking about all my crazy questions. Makes me chuckle a little. Okay, it really makes me laugh but I have to contain it cause it still hurts to laugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM

I laugh like a wounded Hyena.... you should see me all balled up and trying desperately to not move my stomach. Which usually makes it worse! I too remember my HORRIFIC night before surgery. And then poof.. it was done. I've tried to hang out a bit in Pre-Op and answer any questions I can. I just really wish we could pass on our knowledge of the 'after-life' so it could help. That was pure hysteria for me before!
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie1
Hi All,

I'm almost 2.5 weeks post op as well. Over the last couple of days I've had what you've been describing, especially at night. It really starts to tug something awful. And I don't have my ovaries!!! I think I'm going to side with annitt's Doc and chalk it up to phantom pains.

Man it's uncomfortable!! Each day a bit farther ahead, but something else weird kicks in!!
I have been having the same pains and I too have no ovaries. I saw my Dr. last Tuesday and she said that while everything is gone thee are still nerve endings that are reacting and in time the pain will go away.

Good Luck,
Barri
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxo
Today, I have so much tugging and pulling pain and it is in the area of my ovaries. Almost feels like cyst pain, is it my ovaries waking up?? Now, at 2 1/2 weeks? Or is this just normal healing pain? I feel like the two week point has brought about all types of new pains and feelings!
Could be both. I had the same thing that lessened in week 4-5 and completely gone by week 6. I forget I had a hysterectomy now. It is hard to really believe that our bodies take 6-8 weeks to REALLY heal. Take it easy during this time.
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Thanks Woobie1 for the info
Unread 11-21-2007, 05:40 PM

Barri - I like your answer. I have no ovaries, yet I'm having the same type of pain that I had prior to surgery. I choose to believe that in a few weeks, that pain will be gone.
Unread 11-22-2007, 05:28 AM

I am a tiny person and in very good shape. My DR. told me that the more muscle you have the longer it takes to feel good.

Ok had to laugh at that cause I guess I am a fluffy person and untill this pain today have been moving around and having next to nothing pain with just some swelling inside here and there that I take and ibuprofin for.
Could be an explanation why I felt good early LOL

I to had some weird pain but it was high up on each side. i was inch below belly button off to each hip bone.
Unread 11-23-2007, 11:10 AM

tugging/pulling ... yeah, that's what it is, everywhere. It seems to be in the area where my ovaries and/or fallopian tubes were located. I don't know, but there must have been a lot of tugging/pulling during surgery.

I've been having some discomfort in a hard to describe area. On my bottom, but near my vaginal area, maybe it's my lower hip bone area. I wonder if it's from resting so much. I do walk and get up often.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register