Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries

Unread 11-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Tugging and Pulling pain near ovaries

Quote:
I forget I had a hysterectomy now.
That's inspiring!! I can't imagine. But I can hope!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 12:44 PM

I am 41/2 weeks post-op and have the same tugging, pulling sensation. It's weird it's only on my left side(no more ovary or tube on that side). I have mt post-op appt on Tues 11/27 and hopefully everything ok, just my body getting back to "normal."
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Oh - I've thought about how to describe my bottom pain. It is uncomfortable, like I've been riding a bike. Like, I can't imagine getting on a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Well I have my post-op appt on Monday the 26th so I will let you know what my Dr. says about the tugging and pulling pains. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:42 PM

Hi gals!
Anyone know that old country song,
Some Days Are Diamonds, Some Days Are Stones?? (..sometimes my heartache won't leave me alone...)
That's it for me.
Tugging, pulling bad some days better others but still not gone. In the tube/ovary area.
And I feel like I rode the bike WAY too long!(like, all day for a week!!)My cuff pulls all the time!
This may surprise y'all, but I (too)am a tiny person who is in very good shape!
I run 20 min. 4x wk, I swim 3/4 mile at a time, too, twice a week.(pre-op, that is!)Not bad for a 47 year old.
Have 3 boys two homeschool, one in Afghanistan and do ranchwork, livestock, etc.(hoist 50 #bags of feed on my shoulder, worm horses, goats, mend fences, build shelters, cut brush, haul logs, raise vegetables,....)
I guess I have alot of muscle. It's very interesting what the docs said about that...
I am 6-7 weeks post-op and still ache in there pretty much constantly.
I think it does have to do with the muscles because when I feel so achy I couldn't possibly walk, I put on my girdle and go do a fast walk for 30 min. and the aching goes away for a good while, or at least gets ALOT better!
Each week I have been able to do more, but the pain has always been there. Sitting up straight, driving the truck are
still VERY uncomfortable. I think I'm a slow healer, though.
At my 6 wk. check the doc wanted to see me back in 3 weeks. My incision looks very good though.

Hope my experience helps!

tw

TAH 10-9-07 kept ovaries
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:17 PM

I am at almost 10 weeks and I still have pulling and tugging feelings (not really pain) but it's there. I wonder how long it really lasts.
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:11 AM

Well went for my post op yesterday. The Dr. siad the tugging and pulling pain will last awhile longer. She didnt give me a specific time frame because she said everyones body heals at a different pace.She said it will take time just give it a few more weeks. She told me another 2 weeks before I can resume normal activites...........boy I can't wait. Hope everyone is feeling better. Have a great day
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM

Hi Pam, A few more weeks ... sounds like you are healing OK, but just need a bit more time. You mentioned normal activities ... does that include going to work?
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:47 AM

Actually I have been working since 2 1/2 weeks post op. I run a day care in my home and the parents couldn't find anyone to watch there chilren even though I gave them 2 months notice. I have been really slow and taking it easy though. I have not been lifting any of the kids or doing anything I am not supposed to. The kids have all been great but I really can't wait until I can pick then up again.
Unread 11-30-2007, 02:41 AM

Hi I am 10 weeks post op! My consultant said the pain is part of the healing process - everything has to settle back into a new position. Plus nerve endings have been cut which have to heal. I tried to do the gentle exercises the hospital gave, so everything started to go back tight. I was worried the swelly belly would never go, but feel almost normal again now. The secret is do not lift anything heavy, as it can pull things and distort the healing. Patience now will give rewards later. I can now vacuum but do not lift the vacuum cleaner, with washing I use to drag the washing basket not lift - stuff like that - but only after the 6 weeks clearance! Hope this helps?
Pam - I put my op details in with my signature

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register