Bruises near incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bruises near incision Bruises near incision

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Bruises near incision

The surgeon and my GYN Dr both said that they "picked on me" quite a bit in surgery because the enlarged ovary was close to the bowel and uterus and fibroid were so big. They warned me of alot of pain which I am grateful was not so bad.

But now that I can see my incision and abdominal area better (Swelling has gone down) I see light bruising. Has anyone else had bruising? It looks more like a good pinch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Bruises near incision

Yes, I had bruising at both the belly button incision and the lower one (I had a laparoscopic supracervical) They obviously did quite a bit of activity in those areas. It took several weeks to disappear. All gone now (at 8 weeks )
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:30 AM
Bruises near incision

I had two "spots", one on either side of my horizontal incision. I almost thought they each had a stitch in them at first but now I'm not so sure. They were itchy to begin with which made me think I had some contact with metal (I'm allergic.) When my mother saw it she suggested they were the locations of the clamps or retractors or whatever it was they used to keep the incision open.

After a while they got terribly black and blue. They still are a bit.

I've also read here of women having bruising on their thighs as well. We've been through a lot.

Good luck with your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Bruises near incision

I have one main wicked bruise probably from a clamp that still gets bigger even 10 days out. I have a very puffy yellow groin area that is tender.
I have the spot onmy belly that they gave me the heperan shots ( blood thinners) that she told me would bruise but didn't till now. In other words yes I have tonnes of bruising that at 10 days is showing no signs of going away yet.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Bruises near incision

Ok I feel better now. And I had forgot the Heparin shots. I do know one is from that now.

You guys are the best!
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Bruises near incision

I am totally bruised from my bellybutton on down to my pubic area. I was told by my gyn that she had to use some clamps, and some sort of speader bar (I have no clue as to what this is) because of my weight. I had more pain from the bruises than the surgical sight I think. It is wayyyy more intense than most realize.
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Bruises near incision

I too, have bruising. My belly is now a nice yellow/green color. The incision on my left (I had a lap supracervical) is by far the worst with the bruising. It's also the side that I hurt a lot worse on. As well as the side that had the cyst on the ovary. I've had bruising since the day of surgery.
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Bruises near incision

DH and DD helped bathe me and dry my tummy with a hair drier...said, I was black and blue from my belly button down to my whoo haa!.. It finally went away..please take it easy!
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Bruises near incision

Hello Everyone

yep, I had my TAH one week ago today - and have yellow bruising from hip to hip, with a bright red strawberry coloured and sized bruise above the incision. There are also two darker bruises at either end of the incision.

Get into the Vitamin C and Arnica to assist with the bruise and wound healing.

Pauline 41
TAH 12 November 2007

Farwell Fibroid Farm
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Two Bruise Explanation

My Dr had an explanation for two of my bruises. My doctor today pointed out that two of my bruises on my belly was from the surgeon who did my gallbladder removal. He showed me that one bruise was a thumb print and the other a finger print because they have to get a good grip on your belly to insert the laproscope.

It kinda made me chuckle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register