Two uterus/Two cervix | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two uterus/Two cervix Two uterus/Two cervix

Unread 11-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Two uterus/Two cervix

Just wondering if anyone else has double parts??? Always knew I had a large uterus with a dividing wall down the centre, but just in the last couple of years found out that I had 2 cervix as well (double paps every year ) . Now, after my TAH on October 19/07 my OR Report shows 2 totally seperate uterus/cervix and vagina. My surgeon said it's not common but not unheard of. Seems kinda weird to me but it's all gone now anyway. Just curious to see how common this really is. Anyone else out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Two uterus/Two cervix

I had bicornet uterus (double uterus) heart shaped was told that its found most often in women who's mothers took nausia med called DES while they were preg. My mom says she didn't though. Mine was discovered after I had late miscarriage in 1986 and had a dye xray done. Went on to have 2 premie deliveries said both were carried on same side of uterus.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Two uterus/Two cervix

bubbi, My sister in law has 2 uterus, cervix and vaginas. She also has 4 kidneys. Two of them don't work. she found out that she had 2 of everything when she had a miscarriage. It must be a bit rare. I hope it doesn't cause you any problems. she has been fine with it all. She did end up having one child and that was a difficult preg. Everything turned out well. I hope you don't have any complications because of it. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Two uterus/Two cervix

wow 2 and i thought one was bad enough lol .. kinda cool though
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Two uterus/Two cervix

Hi Texas Lady - I'm pretty sure my mom didn't take any nausea meds when she was pregnant, but will check with her. I had deliveries as well - both C-sections and both one week early. My first son was sitting in the right uterus and my second son was sitting in the left one. So I always looked a bit lopsided when I was pregnant. Ended up with C-sections because my uterus didn't contract properly - just one big contraction that didn't stop - so first C-section was actually an emergency as the baby's heart rate was dangerously low.
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Two uterus/Two cervix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Lady
I had bicornet uterus (double uterus) heart shaped was told that its found most often in women who's mothers took nausia med called DES while they were preg. My mom says she didn't though. Mine was discovered after I had late miscarriage in 1986 and had a dye xray done. Went on to have 2 premie deliveries said both were carried on same side of uterus.
see reply above (I didn't reply properly when I answered your message)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register