4 months out and still tender to the touch... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months out and still tender to the touch... 4 months out and still tender to the touch...

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
4 months out and still tender to the touch...

I am 4 months out from a TAH and I still am having pain and very tender to the touch I hae also had a few instances in the past week that when I am laying down and I hace turned toward my side I get this clicking feelin on my left side. I don't know if it is something I should call my dr aobut or not.

Thanks
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Huh... that sounds really bizaar. I'd call the doc and ask....
I had mine 5 or 6 weeks after you and I feel just fine. Did you have complications?
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:06 PM

I am four months out as well, and like you still feel tender. In fact, i find the incision area burns a bit at the end of the day. I still can't sleep comfortably on my side for too long - Ifeel sharp pain on either side. Are you doing too much? From what I've read, it takes some people 6 months to really feel almost pain free, but from this site it seems many people are pain free much earlier. I do feel improvement from last month, but I am always aware of my belly, and wear a girdle for support when I'm active. If this worries you, check with your doctor. I keep hesitating whether to call or not. Do you sometimes feel a pulling sensation in the vaginal cuff area? I still feel a little sore there too. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM

I was also wondering when the pain will go away. I am always aware of my belly. Some days all that has changed is that there is no bleeding. I remind myself that it could be up to a year for everything is back to the new normal.
I am on a low dose patch for hrt. I have sore breasts and nipples. I use the hot tub almost daily and not sure if that affects the hormones.
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM

In response to this question, I am 8 months out and still feel tenderness at the incision site, not the scar itself because that healed fine but my belly is still tender and I was told this could be this way for a year. In another post I also shared that my belly still gets extremely swollen throughout the day and usually goes down when I sleep but it is very uncomfortable. And my main issue is the area where my bladder is . I have constant pain there lately more like crampy pain. I have just started being sexually active plus I am active in sports but still do no feel like it should be this way at this point. I take ibuprofen or motrin for the swelling but don't think it is good for me to take it so often. Any feedback on this would be great.
I don't mean to discourage anyone as I know there are many people who feel back to normal after 4-6 months but I believe everyone is different so just be patient and pay attention to your body. You will know when it is time to call the doctor which I will do myself if this keeps up after the end of the year...good luck to all
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:01 PM

hockeynut65- have you had the bladder pain checked out? There is a specialty called urogynecology - usually at a major medical center - they would be knowledgable in both areas. I don't think constant pain is normal for anyone, and sometimes women just put up with things when we really should not. I find Iswell at the end of the day, usually lying flat and a tylenol will help. At what point should we be concerned that we are not back to normal? Did anyone ever ask their doctor?
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
a year

i would give it a year.most are better way before this but some of us take longer. i,m allmost a year out and i still have swelly belly.the tenderness is finally gone for the last few months but when i do stomach crunchs it still feels wierd,like a bruise in my belly. i had originally gave myself a year to feel 100 % but now i give myself another six months.i learned the hard way that i couldnt push my myself to recover any faster,i ended up with more aches and swelly belly.i went into this surgery very fit and really thought i was going to be very fast to be up and running but i still have a hard time now with stamina.before surgery i was walking ,jogging 4 to 5 miles a day .now i push it to do 3.5 but its getting better.just so you know,some of us end up taking longer than we had originally thought,,take care
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Dear Stephanie,

I was just wondering where you feel this click? I have had a popping sensation under my right rib cage ever since surgery. It drives me crazy. I saw a new internist today and metioned this. I thought the rest of my abdomen was doing much better, but when she started pressing on my right side of my lower abdomen I almost jumped off the table and I did not even realize I was still this tender. She wants me to get a CT scan done. The popping sensation is near my right rib cage and I have some pain there and in my back near my right kidney. But the severe tenderness is lower on my right side more near surgery site and ovary. Just wondering where your tenderness and clicking occurs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register