Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 09:36 AM

Hello all! I came home from the castle yesterday afternoon! I had a total abdominal hyster and things went very well. There was a lot of scar tissue and adhesions from the endo so my surgery was around 2 hours long. The only thing I can say that was absolutely awful about my stay was the fact I felt like I was beaten up by a baseball bat in my midsection. The doctor had to do a lot of bowel manipulation to get at all of the adhesions. Well...I'm off to go rest some more. I'm still very tired, so pretty much I sleep a lot or doze off when I can. Hopefully all of the rest of you are doing well. I'll write more later when I can.
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Glad all is well noble1! I had my surgery Monday as well and was able to come home late Tuesday afternoon (TVH). It went quick and easy for the Dr. She said I had the hard part now...doing the recovery.

I had a hard time with naseua after from all the meds, and am still have trouble eating today, but doing better. I feel better than I thought I would. I can't eat more than 1/2-1c of food and still mostly soup and bread. Not too much pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Hi Trish and J. Glad to hear you are both home and not doing too badly. I had my LAVH Tuesday and came home yesterday. I'm still dealing with lots of pain and gas an nausea. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Unread 11-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Tvh

Hi all
I had my TVH on Monday, November 19th. I had a spinal with IV sedation. My Doc put morphine in my spinal that lasted for 24 hours. It was great, and I was pretty much pain free until the morphine wore off, and then it hurt pretty bad until I started taking the percocet and motrin. Today is day 3 and I'm doing much better. I even thought about going out and doing a little shopping on Black Friday!!!!

TVH Kept Ovaries - Cervix gone
Unread 11-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Black Friday??? Tj, I beg you, don't do it
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:30 PM

I have a Vaginal hysterectomy on Tues, Nov. 20, and doing great. I was SOOO out of it for a few hours after the surgery. Threw up a couple of times after I got back to my room, after drinking too much water with the morphine pump. Seemed that if I pushed the pump, and then drank more than a few sips, I'd get sick. Got ice chips, instead, and was then fine. Was up and walked around the nurses station about 11 hours after the surgery. (I couldn't sleep well in that hospital!)

The good news is that once my uterus was removed, my support was good, and I did not have to have any bladder repair/graft at all!!!! I was most worred about this, and seemed my cervix was bulbous (large) and was pressing the bladder down. I had no bladder symptoms, so she didn't want to do anything, and possibly give me syptoms, since it looked good now. Yay.

But, the gas is really what is bothering me!! Otherwise, I feel good! Do have a pain in my right leg on and off, though.
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:02 PM

My TAH was on Monday the 19th and I came home today. All and all it was not as bad as I was afraid it would be. My first day is a blur, The morphine pump was working and I do not remember a thing. The second day was not too bad once I convinced them to get me off of the morphine, I could not lift my head off of my pillow without feeling like I was going to pass out, too much morphine. Once on oral pain killers I was up and walking in no time flat. So far I am passing gas fine, had a few BMs and have made it upstairs to my bedroom. Keep your fingers crossed for me as I have a bad habit of the "I am feeling fine, so I can do it" disease and I am still waiting on my pathology reports which is not a great sign. Everyone take care and I will touch base as things come up! Oh, I have moved on to my new greatest fear. Sex after all of this. Nice to know I won't be losing sleep over the surgery anymore!
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:09 PM

I'd like to hear what everyone's Dr's told them about recovery. Instructions..... I had read here so many things that dealt with OPEN hysterectomies. Being careful about abdominal muscles, etc..
I told my dr that I was afraid that I would overdo it. She said, "You won't over do it.." Basically meaning to listen to your body. She said Lifting is the main thing - right now don't lift anything over 10 lbs, and probably NEVER lift anything over 25lbs after that. Rest, fluids, etc...
Basically, I am surprised at how good I DO feel! I also fear the 'I feel fine' thing, and over-doing it somehow.
What did your dr tell you for anyone who did not have any repairs - who just had the vaginal hysterecomy?
thanks!
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Home! Yeah!

I am back home tonight. I had TAH w/ BSO plus cervix on Monday Nov. 19th. My procedure was moved up so everything was rush rush on Monday. I was very sick from my pump and they switched meds and I did better. I was up walking the hallways. Then Tuesday I was catheterized twice for no reason. The nurse had read the orders from someone else's chart. She apologized to my sis, but not to me and wouldn't come back in my room anymore after that happened. My in-laws live next door so that's a big help. I had to stay there last night. I am trying it on my own tonight with my 2 children. So far, so good! Thanks for all of the prayers. I will update more later. I must rest now. I am still trying to have my first BM. Wish me luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register