Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Marmee - You're the woman! I fatigue so quickly that I don't think I'd be up to little ones - my boys are 7 and 9 and that's tiring enough for me! My husband is a collegiate football coach and is out of town at the moment - we've been staying with my parents until I feel stronger and can drive. The doctor tells me I have to wait 2-3 weeks post op before I can get behind the wheel, and I can't go back to work until after the New Year's holiday.

Other than getting tired at the drop of the hat, I thought I was doing ok until today when I was nearly done in by the family cat - I had a draw string on my pants and he jumped up to play and sent me to my knees because of where his claws landed! Meowouch!!!!

Enjoy your grandbabies!

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2007, 03:39 PM

This is Grace checking in. I'm home after my TAH, BSO on Nov. 26. I'm doing pretty well. Came home with a catheter, but will get that out, along with staples in a couple of days. My tummy feels swollen and tight today, and that might have to do with my constipation issues.
Glad I had it done, and will share more later.
Unread 12-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Hi Mollymolly.

I got similar sounding pains to you day 10 post-op (yesterday for me). I didn't get the pains down the leg, but did get sharp pains `internally' felt central /low abdomen and vagina, as well as a small amount of bleeding which I hadn't had for a couple of days. Didn't sleep great last night, but am being very cautious today. Will call Dr's office first thing tomorrow (Monday). I felt like I may have done a bit too much the day before the pain eg. cooked dinner, hang washing on line (my husband had wheeled washing trolley and lifted basket for me), sorted washing etc.

Has your pain settled? Mine is less today than yesterday, but I'm still aware I'm not quite as comfortable as I was before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM
overdid it today

It has been 12 days since my TAH/BSO. Had my staples out yesterday and was feeling pretty good. We even did a couple of errands after my appt. Today, I went out with my hubby again for 4 hours to choose some chairs we need for Christmas from a furniture store, ate out, and made a brief stop in another store -- so a fair amount of standing, some walking, and a lot of sitting between eating lunch and riding in the car. By the end of this time, I was so tired that I fell asleep in the car, and had to go straight to bed when I got home. Even after a nap, I feel rather badly. I had weaned myself off the pain meds except for one or two at night (have hydrocodone now), so took one of those.

I know I recuperated faster than this when I had surgery for a tubal pregnancy at age 24, but then again, I suppose a hysterectomy is more extensive, and I'm only a week short of 50 now.

Thought I'd share so maybe others will consider that even just being up and standing for a couple hours might be too much at two weeks. Be smarter than me!
Unread 12-01-2007, 07:31 PM

I had a TVH on the 19th. It has been almost two weeks and the pink discharge is still heavy..Maybe I am not sitting down enough. Having to slow down right now was unexpected. I found out I was having the surgery four days prior. I have read that many have felt that pulling sensation-it's strong on my right side. Life is going to have to get back to normal soon at home. I just want this over with and pray the constipation will be better! It was my best friend even before this surgery, maybe in time it will improve.
Unread 12-02-2007, 12:49 AM

Anyone had any bright red bleeding? Woke this morning around 2 am to go to the bathroom and there was something small and brown on the toilet paper and now I'm bleeding. Is it stitches and have I over been it?
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:31 AM

Duke, my dr told me that I may see some of my stitches in my underwear/toilet paper, etc, and they would be Purple. But, those are the kind of stitches she uses..... Your dr may use brown thread, and as they dissolve, they can come out/be seen.

I haven't seen any, yet.
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:57 AM

Good Morning:
Feeling`about the same get sleepy easily, gassiness has improved, BM are Ok ,cant wait for my 1st post op appointment tommorrow afternoon. I noticed I get very hot than cold at times otherwise Im Ok. Waiting to see the size of my fibriods etc. Lost 13 periods,lost my sweet tooth all together having lots of healthy meals. My TAH was 11/23 everything was removed except ovaries.
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:08 AM

I went to the hospital and got my pathology report last week, right after my job interview.. hehehe So, I know what mine said, already, Contessa! I plan to get my whole chart later.

I'm up ......heard a loud, weird noise that woke me up from sleep. It kept happening every couple of minutes, looked outside, didn't see wind blowing (thought of that), sounded like someone walking in the attic or under the house.. Turns out two pieces of my siding in the back have blown off. One is totally off, one flopping in the wind. Had only been asleep about 3.5 hours. Scared the H out of me!!!

Sigh....... Back to bed..
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:52 AM

Cainen.... I didn't have a problem with constipation prior to surgery, but did after for a while. The stool softeners (Dulcolax) have worked really well for me. I hope yours gets better. I had no idea how bad that could be until after my surgery. My oldes daughter suffers with constipation all the time. I gave er a bottle of stool softeners yesterday and told her to start trying that.

Contessa, I'm experiencing the hot/cold thing too. Almost like fever. Have wondered if it's hot flashes? My ovaries were removed, and I'm not on any estrogen or HRT...yet. Trying to do without, as in addition to my fibroids, I've suffered with hormone related migraines for years. I'm so happy to say that I haven't had the slightest headache since surgery!

I felt soooo good yesterday, that I'm afraid I way overdid it. My two toddler grandsons spent the night and I ended up having to pick up and carry the youngest, who is 28 lbs., quite a bit, as he got sick. We had unexpected company who stayed for nearly 8 hours, so Poppa was bus entertaining them, while I had sole responsibility for the boys, and cleaning up dinner dishes, etc. I barely slept last night as my tummy is so sore again. Just to accidentally touch the counter with tummy, as I wipe counter down just about sends me through the roof.

Someone posted (maybe you Contessa?) about Christmas shopping and feeling poorly later, with a warning NOT to. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get back on the computer and read that post until 3:00 AM. I hope everyone here takes heed. TAKE IT EASY! I've since decided that I think I'll try to get most of my shopping done online. My surgery was unexpected, with only a week to prepare. That week was all made of my work, trying to get things in place to be off a while. I ouldl have liked to have done my shopping/decorating before my surgery 2 days before Thanksgiving, but things didn't work out that way.

I go for my first post op tomorrow, only because my Dr wants to look at these blisters. I guess I'll hear then when I can go back to work. Honestly, I wish it would be 6 weeks. I've worked for the same non-profit for 22 years, and have never had more than a week off at a time during all those years, except when my now 20 yr old was born. I had a C-section and went back when she was 4 weeks old. Having the month of December off would be heaven, but I'm not sure what to expect....

I hope you all have a great day. Once the babies are gone at noon today, I plan to take it really really easy the rest of the day.

Sending sunshine and hugs to you all!

Stacey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register