Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

It's been 2 weeks since my TAH. I'm definitely feeling better but I still tire easily. I had both of my ovaries removed due to severe endo and I can't take hormones due to a blood-clotting disorder I have. so I've been struggling with going into menopause overnite and all the feelings that accompany that. The hot fllashes have been few and mild and my mood swings are normal (I've been on anti-depressants for years so I think that helps.). I'm worried about aging overnite and my metabolism slowing down more than it already has, not to mention how scared I am to have sex again. I'm afraid it will feel different. so many worries! but I am glad I did it and that it's over.
best wishes to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Just came back from my 1st post op appointment, everything was benign .
Iam allowed to drive next week.
Next appointment is Christmas Eve
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:28 PM

Contessa D, that must be a big relief that all is benign. enjoy driving! I think I'll wait another week before driving, so I'll be closer to 3 weeks post op (TVH).

My light bleeding has stopped which is a relief. My Dr said unless it was heavy or smelly it should be ok.

I'm feeling fine, just way down on productivity compared to usual!! But I'm glad to be feeling comfortable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
2 wks today

Hi all,
It's 2 weeks since my surgery, I went in hoping for a vaginal hyster but ended up with the major incision over my 3 previous C-Section scar. I have to say the first couple of days were a blur, I came home Thanksgiving afternoon. Vomiting on the way and when I came home had to shower right away due to throwing up, yuck. Came to realize it's the percaset making me sick, so did without it for a few days but the gas pain was unbearable, did the gas X but still in a lot of pain so my docter put me on a nausea medicine so I could take the pain pill, I do 1/2 a pill 2-3 times a day and am managing much better but today I am achy, have a fever and the incision pain is much sharper. WAAH I will see my Dr on Wednesday. Hopefully everything is alright.
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Hey Mischa, I had the same surgery as you on the 19th, I too have a huge swollen tummy and suffer with gas that's so painful. The gas x seems to help a little and laying on my left side. I drink prune juice daily just to keep things running smoothly. Today seemed worse than last week.
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:31 AM

Good Morning sisters... had a bit of a set back yesterday...A friend briught my sweet dog in (A 45 lb lab/ basset/ english bulldog mix) and for the first time I had no pillow on my stomach I was not paying attention.. my lab with no legs jumped directly on my incision... I almost passed out from the pain.. and was gagging... it felt like being sucker punched in the gut... I called my doctor as soon as I was able and was told to watch for bleeding or increasing pain... well an hour later I started bleeding bright red vaginally... I am now on bed rest. and no extensive walking... I was already climbing the walls... 1 step back:-) zanner
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:31 AM

Iam sorry to hear what happened to you Zanner, it must be painful.
I had round of pain last night which lasted from 3am until 8am---horrible -the pain was around my tummy due to gas, I was sweaty, felt neasous, and light headed. I feel a little better bed rest for me.
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:01 AM

You all were RIGHT! I did too much on Friday! That evening, I felt quite sore in the lower back and I have now been in pain for the last 3 days. No extra bleeding... Just constant spasms in the pelvic area, across the incision and in the lower back... Taking Vicodin did not help. I am now taking Darvocet every 4 hrs instead of 8 hrs and it barely takes the edge off the spasms. At night, I had to add the muscle relaxant and the sleeping pill in order to rest properly. I got scared and stayed on my back all through the weekend and yesterday. Friends and relatives admonished me and told me to stay put and rest properly... etc. And I really am paying attention now.

It is not just a front abdominal problem, it is an entire "middle of the body" surgery which takes time to heal so one should not exert any force from the middle. I had no idea that abdominal surgery was so debilitating, I was thinking it was like giving birth but I gave birth vaginally to my babies so it is nothing like it. I have to carefully let the body heal and it is difficult for me to just sit.

I printed the list of recommended vs non-recommended activities from this website and read it carefully, realizing that i did a lot of things too early. Now I try to squat down very slowly just to refill the pets water bowl and I straighten up slowly.

The pain in the tummy is so bad that I have been putting my hands on top of the area and trying to send healing energy through my palms into that area. Sometimes it seemed to help. My post-op visit is tomorrow morning and I have WISELY called on a friend to drive me.
Unread 12-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Contessa D, congrats on your test results.

zanner, I hope you are back on your feet real soon.

Did anyone have packing? My mom had the same surgery as me (LAVH)and her packing come out on it's own. I don't know if I even have any. Go for first dr visit Monday.
Unread 12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
2 weeks...doing great

I had my 2 week check this morning and despite the problems with my incision last week, I'm healing great now and have been cleared to drive as long as I don't take any narcotics. I'm going on a short grocery shopping trip this afternoon and maybe to Target to pick up some prescriptions. I'm sure that'll wear me out. I have to make sure to take it slow and easy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register