Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

13 days after TAH, my progress is the same sleepy,pain around my tummy and dealing with gas. My biggest thing is the gas I can always tell I have to go the bathroom I would feel a sensation inmy tummy then a gassiness ,it is a struggle to get up and go the bathroom especially in the middle of the night. Learning patience here I havent vebtured outside my house , my doctor says I can drive next week. Iam little nervous about driving people in NY drive so crazy lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 05:50 AM

I notice that I don't feel like my BMs patterns are the same as they always were. I want to say I feel constipated, but I DO have a BM every day..... but, it seems (wow, are we graphic, or what?) 'thicker' or slower to come out alot of time. Not always. Drives me crazy, 'trying' to get it to come on out, when I'm still scared to 'push'. LOL! Sorry - but I just had to see if anyone else is doing this, too..?? Maybe I'm eating the wrong foods. I'd read somewhere, too, that without the uterus in place, the intestines can drop some, and make it easier to get constipated. Again, since I go daily, maybe that is not the right word for me. (see above -lol)
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Mine are different too. I used to go several times a day (I have very efficient bowels LOL) and now it's only once a day. It also might because I'm eating way less than I was previously. My appetite isn't what is used to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM

lol - my appetite was way slow right after my surgery, too, but I have managed to keep eating! :-s Ah well.... I probably don't eat as much, but almost. Maybe our efficient bowels take some time to wake back up, since all that misery of cleaning them out!!! I was telling someone about all that yesterday, and that was the most horrible part of this for me!!!! Awful day, that bowel cleansing! Wish I could have gotten a colonoscopy from it, too! Cuz I sure don't wanna do that cleansing again for a LONG time!!!
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Hello, I had my TAH on November 19th in UK and (touchwood) recovering well. Lot's of pulling and soreness and still have swollen belly, but in high spirits.

Wish you all the very best for your recovery x
Unread 12-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Day 15 post-op

Well, have made it to the two week post-op mark, and today's my 36th birthday! Best present is no more heavy periods (due to fibroid) ever!

Am feeling generally pretty good, the occsional odd internal sensation, but no pain anymore, though light spotting has started again - so I'll be calling the Dr again (they must be sick of me!).

Thankfully BM's have been fine for me (stargazerlilly, have you tried to eat a few of prunes, or add some bran to your cereal, or increase your fruit or wholewheat bread intake?). I find it works a treat - no straining/trying required!

Welcome mooncat, and best wishes to everyone!
Unread 12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday.. and continued recovery. things are okay here, but I foolishly thought I could fold a load of laundry... how much does a shirt weigh? Shrugs... but I found that the repeated bending to get the stuff out very bad... I owied something a little and started spotting. SOOOOO.. someone else can do the laundry. So hard to do nothing with so much needing done.
Unread 12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Wound Care

My hysterectomy was on the 20th. Nausea was a real challenge for me. A week later after staples were removed a couple of sections of my incision opened and fluid drained from them. I now have three weeks or so of wound care. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm also very winded after getting in and out of bed or from walking. I was in pretty good shape before my surgery and being so winded after little exertion is pretty scarry. Thank you for this website!
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Hi All,
I too have been paying too much attention to BMs, when I first came home from the hospital I knew I was constipated, I never went once at the hospital either so knew I needed to get relief. Hot coffee and prune juice did it for me. Now it's about back to normal except for the extreme pain of gassiness before I need to go! I kept thinking after 2 wks this should be a cake walk, boy was I wrong! My belly is still hugely swollen, had uterus removed through incision on the 19th. Has anyone's belly gone down yet after 2 wks?? Just wondering if it's normal to stay swollen so long.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Happy Birthday, Mikkid!!!! All those food items you mentioned - I'm guilty of not eating them! LOL I'm very picky.. not the best eater, but BMs were always good. As I said, I go daily now, sometimes more than once, but I seem to feel like I want to go alot, and sometimes it just feels ..different. I will try some more fiber cereals.

Swollen belly ------ well, my belly is large anyway, but I am not feeling that swollen feeling that I did right after my surgery for the first week. I wear my zip up jeans fine, so luckily my swollen feeling is gone. I think Incision-people have it much worse??

Pain with sitting in a hard chair --- I had terribly the first week, has gone. It left last week on day 9 post op. Day 10, it was TOTALLY gone, thank goodness.

I feel good. But, have been tired today- ate out, went to Walmart, did 2 other errands.. would normally be tired, huh!?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register