Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

I had a LAVH and my belly looks ok in the morning but by the evening it swells up past my navel.

I'm having a pink watery discharge on the tp and panty lining. Has any one had this problem and know what it may be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Today is 15`days snce my TAH, Iam happy to say my gassiness is gone woohoo!!! Otherwise Iam ok, was able to finish my Danielle Steele book last night started The Pillars of The Earth (Oprah bookclub).
Still housebound, a bit nervous about driving-I dont mind staying in because it below 30 degrees here. Tuesday I will be driven to teh salon -my hair is so thick and grew out needs some type of cut. Discovered the joys of online shopping and listening to XM radio on my aol. I lost 17 pounds so far and my skin cleared up.
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi girls! I had TAV (ovariesout) on 11-20. I have the very same issues with swelly belly. In the morning, my tummy doesn't look so bad...still bugger than before surgery but not too bad. By mid afternoon, forget it! I look like I am about 7-8 months pregnant. I had my first post op with doctor this past Wednesday. I asked her about it and she told me that it is very common. Can't remember which one of you girls mentioned this but, my doctor also said that when my tummy gets so swollen like that, I need to take it as a clue to sit down and not over do it. She said it could take 8 to 12 weeks for my tummy to be completely normal. What do you girls think???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:25 PM

APF 1120-
I would also like to know how long it takes to go down! I had my TVH on Nov. 19 and will not have my follow up until Dec. 18. It seems like I try to move around the house during the day and still take time to sit ( I feel like I have to) but still look swollen by 4:00 pm. I was going to ask the doctor at my follow-up but that will be awhile. If I stand for about 30 min. I get a cramp on my right side (almost a pulling) and start spotting heavy. Once I lay down the spotting slows down but then my belly starts aching and the swelling is really obvious. Have you had any problem with this?? Have you driven yet and do you wait until your follow-up to get the ok before you take a bath vs a shower?? My doctor said one week on both but the idea scares me. If you were in a wreck could you still tear internal stiches at this point and how do you know if you are healed enough to sit in the bath??..I guess thats enough questions- THANK YOU for this website. It had been my comfort and I am grateful for the sisters..
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Cainen,
Oh, listen to me, if you are bleeding, you need to stop what you are doing and rest rest rest. I would say for several days! On my 8th day after surgery, I received the most beautiful flower arrangement from my class. ( I teac Kindergarten.) I did NOT think about it being heavy and so, I took it from the deliverer. Soon as I did, I had shooting pain across my tummy and also started bleeding. I called my doctor. She said probably I had pulled a stitch and to give it a coupe of hours to see if the bleeding slowed down. I laid down and sure enough the bleeding stopped. When I called back to report in, my doctor got me good abut not lifting, not over doing, etc. She said if I didn't follow the guidelines now, I would pay for it in years to come. It isn't even worth it to me. Since then, I have been SO VERY CAREFUL to follow all those guidelines, even on days I think I can run a marathon!

Since I had abdominal, when I went for first visit, my doctor said to wait on the driving for a couple more weeks, if I could. I'm just doing showers until 6 week check-up. But, that is just me. I got my steri strips off at my 2 week visit so I suppose I could take a bath if I wanted. I didn't ask my doc and she didn't say anyting about that either. That is a very good question. Also, I have no idea about being in the wreck and tearing stitches. If lifting stuff can tear them, I would guess a wreck could too. But, I wouldn't worry another minute about things like that. Just rest and relax. Think about positive things!

Hang in there and PLEASE watch out doing anything that brings on bleeding!!!!
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:57 PM

I almost feel badly, or something, because - guys - I feel great! I had my TVH (kept ovaries and tubes) on 11/20, and feel like I'm basically back to normal. I always got tired in the evenings or after being out and about, anyhow, and really don't notice a huge difference. Maybeeeeee just a bit more tired, but not much. The occasional tinge of 'menstrual type' crampiness..... It DOES hurt when I cough, so I try to draw my legs up or hold my stomach - that's the biggest thing I notice. I also find myself taking it easy on getting up, just so I don't pull anything. Otherwise, I'm good.
Baths ---- My dr said OK at my 2 wk follow up. It's been nice!

Anyone else feeling really GOOD? Or, am I just lucky? My mom always does really well with surgery..
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:58 PM

Cainen, Before my surgery, I was told I could drive at one week, but didn't. After my 2 week checkup, she said I could if I wanted. I think the guideline is that you need to be able slam on the brakes or swerve and control the car if need be. If you don't think you can do that, I wouldn't drive. I have made a few short trips, but it is still uncomfortable to be in the car because it is bumpy, and I drive a cushy minivan! I'm also in mild weather...no snow, rain, or anything. If you have real weather, I would be more cautious.

My Dr. said baths were fine. She wasn't worried about water going in, rather the slipping and falling possibilities of getting in and out of a tub. That would do more damage than anything.

I get cramps on my left side when I move too much. ??

Jen
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:10 PM

apf1120,
Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. I think I am on the lucky side to not have had to go through abdominal. I couldn't imagine having incision pain included in everything else. I think you are right. The spotting is probably due to lifting. I am being careful but sometimes you realize after the fact that you probably did something you shouldn't have. The bleeding part was spooking me and I guess it makes you think of every possible thing related to getting better after this surgery. In the long run all of this will be worth it. You sound like a wonderful sister ( kindergarten teacher) and I want you to know you deserve a halo for that alone AND for your words of wisdom!!!
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I Finally Feel Normal Again !!!!

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say hello and report that I am doing great ! I had a (LSH) Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy on Nov. 19th. LSH is where they make three incisions in your tummy and they remove the uterus through a tube in the stomach. My ovaries and cervix were not removed.

Today is 2 weeks 5 days post op. I have to say... I feel normal again. I was even told by my doctor this past Tuesday, on my 2 week follow up, that I could do anything that I wanted to......sex included. I still think I am going to wait a couple of more weeks though......just to be on the safe side.

It has been so easy healing from this type of surgery....I wish all women could have the LSH procecedure. I actually feel like my old self again which is such a blessing. My tummy has actually gotten smaller and I have lost about 6 pounds. I should have had this done a long time ago.

I will keep all of the hystersisters in my prayers. Thanks for all the support that each of you have given me. I was very scared before the surgery and this site helped tremdously. Everyone is so sweet and I thank each and every one of you.
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:39 AM

Good Morning
Day 16 I slept all night without waking up hooray!!!!!Still feel the same taking at easy not venturing outside. It helps reading a really good novel Iam reading The Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet. Normally I never read hsitorcial fiction -itis good book-I cant put it down.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register