Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Stargazerlily, I had just a TVH with no repairs. I feel pretty good, but I too am afraid of the "i feel fine!" and overdoing it. I'm still spending a lot of time resting, laying, watching TV, etc. because when my kids come home Sunday, it'll be much harder, even with DH home.

I keep telling myself... you only get ONCE to heal, so do it right the first time! You can't undo what you OverDO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Well, ladies, we are on day 3 of recovery, how is everyone feeling? I feel worse today than I have yet, just kind of sick and yucky. My urine is still dark, yet on the tp, it looks pink. Anyone else? Not sure if it's from the vagina or the urine, but I think it's urine. My pads only have a light tan on them. Very sore today, and I'm honestly not sure what is gas, what is surgery and what is fibromyalgia.
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:27 PM

Molly, everytime I wipe I get a little pink. I think it is discharge. It just isn't heavy enough to reach the pad in my case, though I usually still see a little tan on the pad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 05:44 PM

I got out of the castle Thanksgiving, my doctor kept me in an extra night because my counts dropped from 13 to 10, I feel good, not too much in the way of pain, just all this air, i look about 4 mos pregnant but that'll all go.
kept my ovaries and cervix. Uterus, fibriod, tubes all gone. I'm glad it is all over. Can anyone recommend anything for this gas? i had a bm and it was ok, Im all swollen. I tried GAS-X and it didnt help. other than that I feel really good. Going to rest now, recovery is extremly important. god bless you all.
Unread 11-23-2007, 07:18 PM
TAH/BSO on Monday at 8 am

My surgeon said that there was no empty space in the pelvis -- every free space was filled with endometrial tissue. It had adhered everything together. I also had a 5-6 cm endometrioma and hydrosalpinx (inflated fallopian tube) on the right side. Fortunately, there was no endo in the upper abdomen and no cancer!!

I had a catheter and morphine pump through Tuesday, then was put on Percocet. I developed a fever due to a bladder infection (guess it crept up that catheter!), but was given antibiotics and my temp was close to normal by Thanksgiving, when I went home around noon.

I am doing quite well, but still taking 2 Percocet tabs every 6 hours, and having a lot of gas and bowel pain. I took some stool softeners to help. I have also noticed that the skin around the left side of my approximate 7"incision is completely numb -- I'm guessing I had some nerve damage.

But just glad it is over, and the results were good. I have not had any hot flashes yet, although began Prometrium (bioidentical progesterone pill) last night, which they said might help stave them off. (I can't have any estrogen because of the extensiveness of the endo, and because of a bad family history of estrogen-related cancers.)

Thanks to Hyster Sisters for all their support!
Unread 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Mischa, perhaps a suppository, like the Dulcolax kind? It takes a little bit to get things moving inside again. It does get better. I'm into my 4th week post op now, definitely an improvement. Alot of the gas should pass along with your first BM. That's why I suggested a suppository, sometimes they work better than stool softeners. They relax all the muscles down there so it's easier for everything to pass.

Good luck, hang in there. Better days ahead !!

Unread 11-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Gas is a big problem for all of us, it seems. I don't notice a big difference taking the GasX, but I still try. I have had 2 good BMs, (2 today with day 3 post op), but still have gas. After the first BM, though, the pain was helped alot!
Tonight, I just woke up after being asleep for one hour, with a sharp pain in my left leg. Scared me. My right leg has hurt on and off since the operation, but not this one, and not this odd sharp pain. Walked and it feels better, but still scares me. Maybe being up in 'candy cane' (what are those??) stirrups?
Unread 11-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Day Four of Recovery

Hi all,
I had my supra-cervical abdominal hysterectomy (means I kept my ovaries, tubes and cervix--only thing taken was the top 3/4's of the uterus and the fibroids) on Tuesday.

Tuesday night began the hourly terrorizing by the nursing staff. They were all very sweet-natured, but not a big grasp on the english language, so when the first nurse came in to check my incisions and I told her not to touch the right side because it was too sensitive and tender...she put the stethoscope right on the spot I told her to avoid. I jumped about three feet and knocked her hand and the stethoscope away. I didn't see her again after that.

I had the morphine pump Tuesday night and most of Wednesday...they switched me to Percocet and Motrin after that. No other problems to report other than the usual gas and abdominal pain. I don't remember anything after being wheeled into the operating room.
I was sent home Tuesday morning, and since then it's been more of the same...sleeping on my back, gas pain, some walking around, eating lots of prunes and apple sauce and drinking water (also taking stool softeners). Had my first BM's yesterday and they were painless. A little constipated today, but not bad.
Had my staples removed and the steri stips added yesterday, the Doc said he's happy w/ my progress.

I think the worst part of the entire experience was being in the hospital. You can't sleep, they don't let you. I was woken every 2 hours by nurses, nurses aids, Physicians Assistants and "pain managers". 10 pm, midnight, 2 am, 4 am, 6 am and so on. I didn't sleep properly until I got home.
Unread 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM

I took my pad off about 2 days ago - was only have about 2 tiny spots on them, and have seen none since taking them off. I feel much better today - finally feeling better on the Gas issue. Had a small BM this morning, and finally took 2 Tbsp of Milk of Magnesia and had a larger BM. Felt much better, and have had one or two more today. Funny how we desperately WANT to toot and poo, huh?? LOL
Sitting in a hard chair or this computer chair hurts me -- does it you guys? It hurts my stomach. I need to be on the couch or in the recliner. Soft surface, or reclining.
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:31 PM

I think the worst part of the entire experience was being in the hospital. You can't sleep, they don't let you. I was woken every 2 hours by nurses, nurses aids, Physicians Assistants and "pain managers". 10 pm, midnight, 2 am, 4 am, 6 am and so on. I didn't sleep properly until I got home.[/quote]

I can relate to this! I just got home this morning (25th Nov) after a TVH on 22nd Nov, and have just woken up from a big nap. It's really nice to sleep in my own bed again. The first night after surgery I didn't sleep well, as the nurses kept checking my morphine pump, emptying my catheter and taking my blood pressure. I was in a 4 bed room - so got disturbed when other people got checked too! My Dr prescribed a sleeping tablet for the 2nd and 3rd night, and I got much better rest then.

Other than being tired, I'm feeling pretty good though, just taking panadol for pain relief at present, and trying not to do the chores I see waiting around the house!

It was a relief to have the first bowel motion pass safely, and not painfully (yesterday, after eating prunes and licorice and ended up with a stool softener and laxative). I don't seem to have gas pain, but have passed quite a bit of gas.

Hope everyone else continues to recover ok. We should feel a bit better every day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register