Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 12-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Ok went to OB/GYN on Friday and I have some kind of post op infection! I am on a med that is very strong and the pill taste bad and no contact with any alcohol products!!

Second note.... anyone know what the divorce rate AFTER hysterectomy is???? UGH!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 01:04 AM

I am fast approaching 6 weeks post op, but not fast enough for me . My 6 week post op appt. is Jan. 2nd. Of course this is the day after DD's come home from Christmas break at DS's.
I have had a pretty uneventful recovery, other than knowing when I did too much, so I am waiting for the boot to fall. I have alot that I must do around the house before DD's return. We have 3 , someone has to let them out and DH has to go back to work, so that leaves me.
DH has been an incredible help, he even did the laundry. I am still trying to figure out how to change the litter box without hurting myself, it can't wait for DD to come home. (we also have 3 )
The weather has been horrible, so I am pretty much stuck in the house, . The driveway is covered in ice. I don't want to risk a fall trying to drive anywhere.
That pretty much updates everything. Happy Holidays and speedy recovery.
Unread 12-26-2007, 07:01 AM

I don't know the divorce rate. Forget divorce. What's the murder rate? hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 07:49 AM

LMAO DrDuke! Not sure but one of them is gonna happen soon in our house if people don't get their acts together!!!! lol
Unread 12-26-2007, 07:56 AM

Good Morning everyone- I am exhausted this morning due to all the Christmas stress. My energy is zapped.
Brookelyn I wondered the same thing What is the divorce rate post hysterectomy. Although Iam single I experienced a very public sudden breakup Sunday.
Iam waiting for my amazon.com book order called "Out with iT " a bio written by a woman who had a hysterectomy.
I had my 2 nd post op appointment Christams Eve- I had a pelvic exam
my vagina feels different now. Plus my vaginal cuff is healed. I had a TAH, everything was removed except my ovaries. Total weight loss 22 pounds none of my clothes fit.
What Iam learning hysterectomy is a life changing expereince in addition to dealing with physical recovery dealing with losses and changes in personal life (such as friends and family).
I learned alot about myself and still learning. Iam happy to say those I never expect to be by my side are "angels" and those who knew me the longest abandoned me. I am learning Iam in the beginning of a new life.
We are all wonderful, beautiful and talented women with lots to offer. Thank goodness for Hystersisters .
Unread 12-26-2007, 08:10 AM

as of today it has been exactly 5 weeks. I had an abdominal hysterectomy with a full horizontal incision and kept my ovaries. I saw my surgeon last Thursday (4 weeks).

I still have some swelling over the incision - but I have been cleared to resume FULL activities including s-e-x. (no problems and everything worked just the way it should)

I'm easing back into my yoga and dance routines. I have lost my backbend, and boat pose is extremely difficult but other than that... I expect that I will be able to go back to teaching my dance classes in mid January as planned. I'm sure that, in time, I will regain my previous level of strength and flexibility.

My DH has been terrific. Doing all the house chores, caring for the dogs. But boy am I happy to be able to do everything MYSELF!
Unread 12-26-2007, 08:18 AM

WOW wish I would loose weight!!

Contessa sorry to hear about your break up! What a rough thing to go thru after you have been thru so much already!! About feeling abandoned
I have felt that from those who live in the same house as me! We have no family and not very close to anyone so here I sit when all are gone because these stupid crutches kill my stomach!!

Since my surgery 11-26-07 I am taking so many different pills I think I am going to gag!! Went to PCP on Friday for a scheduled physical and he pushed the I need to loose weight and need to exercise issue as I have high cholesterol! Not much I can do about it right now in my condition!!

I for one can't wait for 2008 and hope it is a much better year than 2007!!

I agree Thanks goodness for Hystersisters!!
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:50 AM

I think people in general are just busier than they used to be, and therefore, SADLY, aren't as good of friends as they 'used to be', 'back in the day'. LOL I had only one co-worker who has called me 2-3 times, and came over once.. One email from another one, in response to a group message I sent.. Had one casserole brought over from a friend and a couple of 'if you need anything's, but that was it. But, I had my parents (i'm divorced) and my 10 yr old, so that is more than what some have. Plus, I was lucky to have an uneventful recovery.

I can't wait to hear about everyone having sex again! hahhaha Since I'M not having any....... (divorced, i said!!!!! hahha) ... I will live thru you girls! So, I see one abdominal hyst sister said it worked out okay - how about any vaginal hysterectomies? I wonder if doing it vaginally will make any difference? Maybe we all have the cuff sewn shut..

Contessa, why do you say your's feels different now?
Unread 12-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Hi Stargazer,
I had the TVH done on Nov 26th I'm noticing as well that it's not as common it seems for the TVH.

I'm on my 4th week and saw the doc end of week 3 he said that most of my stitches are disolving but still had the two knots. So far I only had the bleeding the day of my surgery and the a little the day after with some very light clear fluid that lasted the first week.

I haven't had much pain just discomfort on some days and tired the 3rd week not sure maybe it's when the body comes out of shock.

I'll try to post what I can as I find out more.

"Amen Contessa" I couldn't agree more this has been a really big life change for all of us.
Unread 12-26-2007, 05:44 PM

I wish would have lost some weight. I hope to get started with something at the first of the year. My medical records said my uterus was as if I was 10 weeks. I look like 30 weeks. To bad it didn't weigh 20 lbs.

I guess TVH have cuff sewn external and TAH are sewn internal. I can't have intercourse until 6 weeks. Been having outercourse, which has been gooood! My 6 weeks mark is new year's eve!! I'm a little nervous. I hope there will not be any pain or bleeding.

Here's to a new year and our new womanly beginning.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register