Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Thank you everyone, I have a peace about it but still miss him terribly.

2 days before he passed away he woke up and told his dad and I about a dream he just had. He was so excited to tell us and I know being his age thought no more about it than just a dream but scared me.

Here is how he described his dream:
He dreamed that he was falling and before he got close to the ground he could feel the power of wings lift him up. He said that he had wings and as he moved them he could feel the power lift him up. All the time he was telling us this dream he animated it out with excitement.
He said that he never got close to the ground that he was flying with the birds and angels.

That friday night he went to his friends house we had no idea that they were going camping the next day.
He was up all night and his friends said that he was more than usual just expressing his feelings for them and for his mom and dad he told them how much he loved us all.
When they went to bed Nate stayed awake as he is a night owl and they could hear him yelling to them how beautiful it was where they were and just had so much joy in his heart.

The next morning they were going to hike down and go swimming, three trails can take you down and it's very dangerous where they were it snows a lot and you never know where the trail has gotten narrow from last year.

His friends went ahead as I know he was being careful not to fall, they got to the swimming place and realized that he wasn't behind them. They back tracked they thought he may have went back to the camp site.

One of his friends hiked down again to see where he might be if he had fallen and didn't see him. The only place he could have been was in this water troff that comes from the mountain for the water to feed the creek.
He walked over and found Nate, he said that Nate was laying on his side his hand was over the side with the water slowly moving it he said that Nate looked like he was peacefully sleeping.

I know that between the dream he told us about, the way he was telling everyone how he felt about them I can't help but think this was to prepare us all and the way his friends found him.

That day I turned to God more than I ever have and by putting my faith in him I know I'll continue to heal.

I didn't mean to get off the subject too much, I just felt like I had to share this with you all.
Thank you for listening : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM

Hi JColorado

Thank you for sharing this with us! It is an amazing story.

Lots of warm hugs and kisses to you! Be good to yourself!

XXX
Unread 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM

Iam thinking about you jcolorado and you are in my prayers.
Today was a pain free day for me today, one more day of work tomorrow off until Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 12:29 AM

Thank you everyone : )

I'm at my 6 1/2 weeks and doing good but now tend to have insomnia and out during the day. LOL
I think somewhere in my 3 rd week when I got so tired I really screwed up my sleeping patterns.

Since I have had my surgery I know of two other women that will face hysterectomys. I have invited them here so they can get as much information before they actually have it done.

This is the greatest support forum I have even found and had to share. : )

You all are in my prayers everyday, I'm so glad were feeling better.
Unread 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM

I had my surgery the same day as you jcolorado, and I have experienced insomnia all this week as well. I even took Advil PM last night and was wired until around 1am. I'm also having hot flashes and night sweats, what's up with all this as I still have my ovaries!!!!!
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:20 PM

Good Evening,
I did a 3 day work week this week off until Monday. Today I was so pooped I had to nap as soon I came home from work.
Next week I will have a 4 day work week --in the process of waiting for my transfer. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since my TAH. One comments I keep getting from co workers is my weight loss. I look different but I feel better now than before. My clothes fit better, dont have to worry about heavy bleeding and dealing with pain. I have no regrets.
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM

It's really storming down here in the south! I was having a hard time sleeping and night sweats. They have lessen in the last couple of weeks. I started taking a multi vitamin. Could that help?
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnlady
I had my surgery the same day as you jcolorado, and I have experienced insomnia all this week as well. I even took Advil PM last night and was wired until around 1am. I'm also having hot flashes and night sweats, what's up with all this as I still have my ovaries!!!!!
This morning I forced myself awake after just four hrs of sleep. LOL Lets see if I can make it through the day without a few hour nap.
I'm about ready to turn to a sleep aid just not sure what the over the counter didn't used to work for me that well.
I was prescribed some from the doc last year but I hate taking pills.

I have stopped my full strength iron pills, I just couldn't take the stomach problems that came with it so I'm now taking Women's One Daily it's the bargain brand compared to One A Day it's a lot cheaper.

My hot flashes I contribute to my wall heaters not regulating the temperature in the room. LOL

Either that or I'm experiencing hot flashes dispite having my ovaries too.

*Hugs*
Have a great weekend everyone! : )
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:52 AM

Good Morning -- 7 weeks ago today I had my TAH--gosh where did the time go? I woke at 8:45am today--Iam off from work until Monday. Physically I always get tired when I finish a work day, mentally I learning a lot of new lessons and dealing with a new frame of mind since TAH. For instance I will take care fo myself better now then before. Before I was a workaholic without balance. Now I like balance.
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:00 AM

Good Morning Contessa! : )
No kidding I mean it seemed like forever but really it did go pretty fast, I think mainly when the 6 week mark came. Funny I'm still crossing the days off of the calendar, which I never did before. LOL

I totally agree I know I was the same way infact I have actually had the time to notice changes in my body when I ate bad food verses the good food and how it made me feel. Before I would grab and go and not see really how bad it made me feel during the day not to mention the pounds it put on me.

I really think a spa trip should be included in this surgery! : )

I'm going to be taking up Yoga or Pilates just not sure which would provide me a good workout without the bounce right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register