Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
pain!!! I need help

I had the operation on Wed 21st and have been in pain since I woke up that afternoon. The pain is like labour contractions and the meds are not helping. My tummy is so big that I now look 6 months pregnant.
I just want it to end.
Does anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 19-Nov 26,2007

MOVINON - Thankfully, my meds worked, but The only thing I remember from the one hour in 'recovery' was waking up moaning, rubbing my aching stomach - didn't even have a chance to remember surgery! - and pulling on the oxygen tube in my nose! I remember her saying it was oxygen and I could take it out.. I pulled it up my face and that's all I remember til the guy came to wheel me to my room. Just know that I called him by name (I work at the hospital) and was back out!
The morphine pump, when combined with too much water, made me throw up (4 times), so I quickly learned to do ice chips..
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:08 AM

movin on,

sounds like you need a medical review to check everything is ok, or at least review your pain meds if this current schedule is not working for you.

take care. thinking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Getting Frustrated

I was in the hospital on the 21st; needed a transfusion before the surgery, on the 22nd. I was able to come home on the 24th. I had my uterus and cervix removed; horizontal incision. I'm an active person and recovery is driving me crazy. The only way I get the needed rest is by taking the pain killers. I don't eat much, because it makes me nauseous. Tell me it gets better.
Well off to rest now. I'll check in later. Thank you for this great site.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:50 AM

stargazerlily 70,

I had a LAVH on 11/19 with right ovary removed and bladder tack. My dr told me not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. No sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, raking or sex for 6 weeks. I can drive in 10 days( but I have to take my daughter to school this morning !!). Just remember you have a lot internal stitches.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:51 AM

I had a SAH/BSO on November 19, and thought I would be back to post before today, but the trouble we've had with our internet!

Anyway...I'm doing much better today as I got my staples out yesterday, so I've got a bit more movement without a ripping feeling in my abdomen.

The surgery was considered a success by the doctors, but due to excessive endo, there were a lot more adhesions than they expected. Also, my bowel was attached to one of my ovaries and a conscious decision was made to leave remnants of that ovary behind. Of course, after reading about Ovarian Remnant Syndrome here I'm pretty nervous about it, but am going through menopausal symptoms right now as I am not doing HRT/ERT.

My cervix was left at my request and I'm only taking advil (600mg every 6 hours) for the pain now.
Unread 11-27-2007, 07:48 AM

Good morning sisters... had my TAH BSO sat 11/24...got home yesterday(mon)pm so glad to be home...no sleeping was allowed at the hospital...also had an alzheimers patient next door calling for her mama all night
(too sad)... am doing pretty well...I walk whenever I go to the bathroom..lotsa gas and incision pain... also very sharp pain to the right of my belly button...getting major hot flashes.. it's the first time I am loving my cold and drafty old house... hope you are all doing well!! zanner
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:11 AM

DR Duke,
Thank you SO Much for answering my question about what all of your Dr's instructions were on going home!!!!!! I was thinking no one sees my questions. *boohoo* So, thank you! How did taking your daughter to school go? I feel like I could drive, too, but........ my two week follow up is 12/4. Doctor said she wanted me to be off of all narcotics before then, and to feel like I could slam on the brakes if I needed to.

Another question ---- since someone mentioned only taking Motrin 600mg every 6 hrs for pain.. --- I have Percocet and Motrin 600mg. I alternate for pain control, and it's normally every 5-6 hours now that I take something. I wonder if I should drop the Percocet and only go for the Motrin??

Any ideas?
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Today is my 2nd day home, to my surprise I was able to take a shower had to go slow. Sat in in the living room to watch TV,made sure I walk. Still gassy. Now back in my room on my laptop.
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:27 PM

Driving my daughter to school went good. It's only about 3 miles away.

I took Percocet a few days after my surgery but it did not help with the bladder spasms. After a trip to the ER, the removal of 1300cc of urine from my bladder , a catherer for 3 days and a prescription for bladder spasms I'm not taking any pain meds. Just meds for the spasms.

Maybe try the Percocet at night and Motrin during the day??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register